• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I am not always the biggest fan of the way Marina Hyde is spaffed over by a certain bunch of people, probably maybe because she comes from a Toiry grandee family, one of which was Exeters mp for donkeys, oh and she ****ed Piers Morgan, which shows an huge lack of judgement.

Yet she's got Johnson's number over Cummings, IMHO probably because she grew up with people like Bo-Jo.

He wants to be PM, but doesn't want any of the responsibilty, or having to do any of the work, and Cumming is more than willing to do it for him, utterly co-dependent.

He wants to make grandiose statements about track-and-trace, but has no idea how to implement, well anything.

It is not unlike Trump and Miller/Mcconnell, neither Trump or Johnson actually want this job they're in, or what it "should" entail, just utterly narcissistically in love with the power of the title.
Agreed, but this isn't really that much of a hot take imo. It's been kind of obvious that he's all sizzle and no steak for....a very long time

grecian

Agreed, but this isn't really that much of a hot take imo. It's been kind of obvious that he's all sizzle and no steak for....a very long time
Perhaps, but it explains clearly, why against any political instinct or capital, he's still fully standing up for him as he feels Dominic needs to be around, or he'll have to actually do something.

The fact is actually even Trump would have ditched him in this situation, and he'd just got another similar person to blow smoke up his arse.

Uppercut

Are people extra fired up because they are angry about his role in Brexit?
I don't think most people really know who he is tbh. Replace his name with any other high-profile government figure and the story is more or less the same.

It might be one of those political scandals that makes perfect sense in the country where it happens but looks a bit insane from the outside.

grecian

Are people extra fired up because they are angry about his role in Brexit?
52% of Leave voters want him gone, , by the latest polls, 71% over all think he broke lockdown rules, people have been slavishly adhering to this ****** lockdown, for the most part, so they are not terribly happy someone high up has decided to utterly flaunt it.

Burgey

Of course you're missing something - his Borisness has said we will have a world beating app by next Monday and I for one have absolute faith in his ability to deliver
We have one of those apps - been assured they don't keep the data which shows where yu've been, and that it is a handy tool for tracing where cases come from and how they spread. Unfortunately there's some bug in it which means it doesn't work with iPhones or some such, and NSW Health are unable to use the data for some reason, but Victoria has apparently used the app to track one case. So huzzah. Or something.

Around 5.5 million have the app apparently. Maybe more.

wpdavid

This from Have I Got New For You's Facebook page

HIGNFY - DC & PA.jpg

Which makes me wonder which was the biggest car crash?
Prince Andrew's interview with Emily Maitlis, Johnson's 'stay alert' broadcast a couple of weeks ago, or Cummings effort this week.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Prince Andrew's remains the worst tbh. Definitely some strong recent contenders for that crown though.

Pothas

I really enjoy that most mundane of all British summer stories the hosepipe ban just tucked in the corner there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really enjoy that most mundane of all British summer stories the hosepipe ban just tucked in the corner there.
Haha I swear this is threatened every year, but I think I can only remember once in my lifetime when it has actually been imposed.