• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Royal Family

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Discuss.

Weird one. Ideologically I am pretty much entirely opposed to the concept of royal families and suchlike. But RE: the British Royal Family, in practice, I honestly just cannot find it in me to care/get particularly upset about it, and I'm not entirely sure why.

flibbertyjibber

On the whole I like them but this whole 24/7 coverage of this wedding for the last few weeks has been pathetic. They bring a lot to the country but do we really need all this fuss over one of them getting married?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's opium for the people I guess. For one reason or another, the general public seem to really like this sort of crap, and it generally seems to create a good atmosphere.

I agree that the coverage is a bit OTT, especially since it's "the other" prince. Maybe the Markle factor has something to do with it. That and the fact that most broadcasters are probably just glad for some fluff to fill their schedule with.

I won't be watching, but the weather is great, so might slink along into the town later on to see if there are any opportunities to scrounge some free Pimms or something and lounge around in the sun.

Firebreaker

Banned
George Clooney literally looks like the granddad of his wife. Meghan isn't even that attractive tbh but then most of the Royal ladies are not

straw man

Wife, mother-in-law and eldest daughter watching royal wedding aws, hence why I'm posting crap on cricketweb, which I should probably stop doing.

I also cannot overcome inertia sufficiently to care about NZ or Australia replacing the royal family and becoming republics. The queen having a power that, if ever exercised, will shortly thereafter be stripped forever, doesn't seem like a particularly bad thing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There is something very human about this, and I like it.

I think my empathy quota for the year is now full.

Niall

I have mixed feelings on them. There existence can annoy the right sort of people,but on the other hand I'd be fine with them all been beheaded. Meh I suppose.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The American pastor dude is entertaining enough.

I always forget how church services contain so much religion and god and jesus. Stuff like this always acts as a timely reminder as to why I stay away. Same thing happens at Christmas. Always fall into the "ah yeah going to a carol service might be nice". Then after an hour or so of being preached at I emerge determined never to return.

Firebreaker

Banned
Lack of political leaders in this wedding shows where poor Harry stands. He has no relevance in the British Royal family now just due to a woman who married for money

Firebreaker

Banned
WOW these Christian weddings are so boring in comparison to what we have here. It's all about people dancing wildly and attacking on food

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love Rachel from Suits and Harry seems a decent lad.

I wish shivfan still posted here, he was amazing value in the lead up to the William-Kate wedding

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha oh yeah, I had forgotten all that. WAC.

Was great following him to that Windies forum and finding out he was slagging us all off.