• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Son Of Coco

Cheers mate.

I'll iron the black pants, white top and bow tie tonight. Might have to give the silver tray a polish too :happy:

Best of luck gents!

Simon

WCC Staff
Fantastic win to start the season, was good we got Blue on an off day and managed to put them away. What that game showed is that we have a bowling unit as good as any, Wilson is just ridiculous, best player in CWland for mine right now. Thomas we know will take wickets so if Wright continues his good start to the season then we will be well placed.

I think there is definitely room for improvement with bat and ball in the 6-9 region. Deane is a star in the making so wont be too harsh after one outing where he didn't get much chance to contribute, hopefully Weber will step up in the coming games too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was a good win. Honestly wasn't expecting to bowl them out for so little in the first dig. Props to Wilson on being a beast and Kerr who is continuing to be one of the best bats in the land.

ODer next, definitely our weaker format. Hoping for a good show, though.

Son Of Coco

Great work in the FC match gents! I hope I didn't spill any champagne or horse's doovers on you whilst was plying my trade!

Would like to say I'm looking forward to the debut in the OD match tomorrow, but I haven't taken a wicket in any of the OD matches pre-season. Hopefully that will change tomorrow. Would like my ER to go down to about 2.5 too, instead of 7 or 10. Am instead assuming I've been picked as a nightwatchman :happy:

Last edited:

Simon

WCC Staff
It's not a bad side and to be honest Green's arent a bad team to face straight up, I think all things being fair we will be battling them for a spot around 3rd-5th so any win we get against them will be vital.

Son Of Coco

Great effort guys!

I'm hoping I'll take a wicket in OD cricket one day :unsure: Was a good match though and a top effort by Mr Deane!

Simon

WCC Staff
Despite not getting a wicket your bowling was quite good particularly early on. Kept it nice and tight and didn't let them get a fast start.

Simon

WCC Staff
We have Black in the First Class game tomorrow, we were probably more impressive in our opening match than they were but you can never count out a team like theirs.

NZTailender

Black are always a massive hurdle in every format. Biggest challenges individually are keeping Cloete and Borcich quiet, but even then the rest can just as easily take the game away from us.

cbuts

was a bit of shock to have taken over the helm of the OD team.
Was inspired captaincy to have given the ball to Deane if I do say so myself! :laugh::dry:

Majin

Think we beat Black in our first early season FC encounter last season, not sure though.

If our previous years are anything to go by we've probably got our best chance of beating them now anyway, traditionally strong out of the block we are. Maintaining it over the season is what we need to do this time

NZTailender

Think we beat Black in our first early season FC encounter last season, not sure though.

If our previous years are anything to go by we've probably got our best chance of beating them now anyway, traditionally strong out of the block we are. Maintaining it over the season is what we need to do this time
Yeah we had a powerful start last season, and, well, choked towards the seasons end. Think that was perhaps due to a reluctance on my part to drop players who weren't quite up to par, which was also our problem in the season before last.

Last edited: