• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL--> Westindies VS England

Swervy

well played WI...I do think that they MAY struggle vs England bowlers here though..I think its going to be close

Scaly piscine

Wharf is over 80mph so more medium-fast. Poor last 3 overs by England but I think the match will follow the pattern of the 3rd ODI England v India, but with England winning batting 1st this time. I just hope they game is finished tonight and not carried over to tomorrow when the weather will likely be much better for batting.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nnanden said:
sorry, but WHY hasnt "other" Hinds bowled? i thought he wouldve suited the pitch...
Because he wasn't needed. Wavell bowled 10-2/24, Gayle bowled 9podd-1/50odd, Collymore bowled 10-0/38, Bradshaw bowled 10-2/50odd, Bravo bowled 10-1/41. When you have 5 bowlers doing the job, there's no needed to introduce an unknown to the equation. Ryan Hinds could quite easily have been belted.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because he wasn't needed. Wavell bowled 10-2/24, Gayle bowled 9podd-1/50odd, Collymore bowled 10-0/38, Bradshaw bowled 10-2/50odd, Bravo bowled 10-1/41. When you have 5 bowlers doing the job, there's no needed to introduce an unknown to the equation. Ryan Hinds could quite easily have been belted.
i thought he may of replaced gayle earlier, but with a result like this so far - WHO CARES?!? pleeeeeease may the windies get the target...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scaly piscine said:
In the context of the pitch & game Gayle's figures may well turn out to be very poor.
Regardless of the result, I don't think you can call them poor. With a very wet ball against an in-form Trescothick, he did well.

Scaly piscine

5+ an over without ever looking like he'd bowl someone out is poor on that pitch. Just like 5 an over would be good on some of those 300+ pitches.

Tom Halsey

Not really, the pitch didn't suit spin at all, unlike the seamers. I was surprised that he bowled the full 10, to be honest.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scaly piscine said:
5+ an over without ever looking like he'd bowl someone out is poor on that pitch. Just like 5 an over would be good on some of those 300+ pitches.
But Gayle never looks like he'll bowl anyone out. You'd begrudge him his bowling privleges altogether?

Scaly piscine

On pitches like this I'd only use him as a death bowler. May as well have some dibbly-dobbly bowler get 2-40 or better as was the case.

biased indian

i think england will be the happier of the two at this moment

and y didnt lara keep a slip when lower order players were batting :wacko:

Don

Gayle And Sarwan Gone So Now In Steps The Tiger.now Its Time To Rebuild The Innings.looks Like Well Have Another Partner Ship Like In 94

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don said:
Gayle And Sarwan Gone So Now In Steps The Tiger.now Its Time To Rebuild The Innings.looks Like Well Have Another Partner Ship Like In 94
If you don't, you're out of here, I reckon. The Windies are trying to see Harmison off - and the big man is bowling absolutely superbly. You know that, I know that, Lara knows it, everyone knows it.

(except Richard)

Mr Mxyzptlk

biased indian said:
i think england will be the happier of the two at this moment

and y didnt lara keep a slip when lower order players were batting :wacko:
He did. He just didn't have it there for 2 balls when Giles was there.