• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Forum Name: Sledger
Name: Ryuzaki Smith
RHB, RM
Bat: 57.00
Bowl: 38.00
Batting SR: 67
Fielding: 9

(he later requested to use his real name (Henry Pearce) instead)

bryce

Not the greatest start but not too bad either. Very encouraging signs from the new look batting line-up against a very good attack. Need Rose to have a big FC season and signs are looking good for him with 2 wickets & 4 catches dropped off his bowling in the first innings

Matteh

Took a bowler out of what i originally considered the best lineup in order to add another bat given we were playing Black.and the result says it was the right call. Will rotate some of the bats for the remaining FC games and the OD lineup includes those that aren't picked for FC pretty much. Will try to get everyone 2 games over the course of the friendlies.

Congrats to Cole for a maiden century and Sledger for a decent knock.

Reds next guys....you know what that means!

bryce

Hmm yea plenty of depth across the whole squad so if anyones form dips then i'd say they can expect to be dropped fairly promptly, lol. Plenty of batsmen & bowlers waiting in the wings..

Matteh

Hmm yea plenty of depth across the whole squad so if anyones form dips then i'd say they can expect to be dropped fairly promptly, lol. Plenty of batsmen & bowlers waiting in the wings..
Problem we've had in the past is a lack of batsmen to come in and do well, something that clearly won't be a problem this season.

Don't want to read too much into one result, but this season is promising.

Matteh

Indeed :)

Going for more of a FC backup side in the next friendly, should be interesting to see how we do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looking very good guys, this is the best we've clicked in pre-season. Chances are there will be a couple of quality players on the sidelines come day one, which has never really happened since I've been here. We've got a good squad this season and as much as certain people from other teams may come in here and call us ****, I think we're in for a good season.

GO GREEN

bryce

Good to see Read making a play for the FC 'keeper spot. Lots of encouraging competition in the batting department, the FC bowling attack may be a bit more clear cut however.
These 3 upcoming OD friendlies will be very interesting

cpr

Hmm, who's a seamer and who's a spinner, looks like were overly blessed in the latter from what i recall from last year.....