• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'I got signed!!!' Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
man, a bit dissapointing seeing players treating off-season clubs like dirt! cmon guys... get in early and show some respect.
wacca should do wonders for daves pace!

AUST_HiTMaN

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
At a press conference this morning, a Western Australia spokesperson announced the signing of Cricket Web pacer Dave Watt to the club. In their final steps of preseason training, Western Australia are without an injured Michael Clark possibly for the entire season and Brad Williams for the first couple of weeks of competition.

"Dave is a good up-and-coming young bowler and we are confident that he will be able to fill this void left by the absence of Williams and Clark."

No word as yet as to salary. Watt will join the squad immediately, flying back from Trinidad and Tobago where he was set to take up a contract with the Princes Town Pirates. A spokesperson from the Pirates:

"We are extremely hurt and disappointed at Mr. Watt's decision. This offseason we hoped to sign a half-decent bowler and he seemed to fit the mould, so we entered this season with high hopes only to face crushing disappointment. He will never play in this town again!"
Pirates - I'm afraid to say the decision was part forced upon me. There is only room for 1 Dave in the team, and with SKD signing up before me, I felt when I was offered he contract with WA, I had to take it, purely for team stability.

I'm extremely happy to go back to my home state and play some club cricket, and hopefully improve my pace bowling on the WACA wicket.

Also I wish Michael Clark and Brad Williams the best with their injuries, and hopefully we will see those 2 back in the side soon.

Can't wait to join Ronchi and Sudeep in training later today!

Slats4ever

i'm as happy as larry to be joining up with the pirates with broadie and superkingdave over the off season. A couple of weeks ago I was looking forward to some time off after being turned down by South Australia. However I was bored after a couple of weeks and I noticed my game had gone down a lot in the nets. I had a talk to Dave last night before he made his decision, and as soon as he resigned I was pretty quick to jump up and put my hand up.

Prince Town I see as being the perfect place to work on my cricket, I love West Indian climate, I love West Indian culture and most of all I love the West Indies. I'm going to enjoy my time there mucking around, and playing cricket.

chrisbroadie

superkingdave said:
Sad to see the lad go, though i don't think the Pirates need a half decent bowler when they have a more than decent left arm spinner. Never mind, me a Broadie will still tear it up, and we'll be sure to send a card to Dave when we win the title and he's getting clouted around the park :p
second that :thumbup1:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In a midnight move, the Porters have inked in Jellett to their roster as cover due to current 'keeper Marvin Rampersad's lack of form in the preseason and over the last season.

Is that fair on others who wanted to apply to play but were told it was too late?

Don

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In a midnight move, the Porters have inked in Jellett to their roster as cover due to current 'keeper Marvin Rampersad's lack of form in the preseason and over the last season. The agreement has been made on the terms that Dylan Jellett receive no salary and actually pay an entry fee of 50 pounds.

Jellett has been flown over to Piarco International Airport and will join the team ASAP. No confirmation as to whether he will play against Princes Town tomorrow in the season opener.
so does this mean that i dont get to keep the keepers position.if i dont ill just have to get some overs in then

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Is that fair on others who wanted to apply to play but were told it was too late?
Well the situation is very tricky, especially considering the fine knock of 48 played by Rampersad in today's game. We await to see how much, if any cricket Jellett will play as he's effectively second fiddle seeing as he didn't cost anything to sign.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Course it isn't. I suggest that if Jellet gets games, then MikeW and any other latecomers also do.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Port-of-Spain dump Jellett

Dylan Jellett has had his contract terminated by the Port-of-Spain Porters as he failed to show up for training since his signing. Indeed, Jellett has not even arrived in Trinidad and Tobago and is currently MIA.

This continues the trend of bad relations between CW players and Super Cup teams this offseason, following on closely from Dave Watt's departure from Princes Town the day before the season began. The Porters reserve the right to keep the 50 pound registration paid by Jellett.

age_master

4d batting is solid but not spectacular, my bowling in 4d has been poor, not too bad considering the lack of practice over the last few years. OD batting is shocking, really need to pick that up :(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm a bit confused by my efforts thus far.

I thought I was a batsman who bowled a bit, but for some reason my bowling has been reasonable in 4D and amazingly impressive in OD, but the batting has been a relative let down!

KennyD

Lol I think the mistakes are in the Limited overs bowling section, im quite certain i havent got these stats
GKK Dobson 74.8 17 338 19.88 0 1 7/41 4.52 26.40

17 wickets @ 19.88 BB 7/41???

hahaha, anyway good stuff, nice to see them up.

AUST_HiTMaN

Was going to say, Kyle only has 3 wickets @ 55. His 7 fer amazingly dissappeared!

Simple copy paste error by Liam I'd say, seen you are below Kyle in the names.