• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'I got signed!!!' Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Keeping in mind also that those averages are for a level of cricket a fair bit below FC cricket.

Surely he must be near tears by now. ;)

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
its been a busy time lately sorry kyle, and now im simming cup, academy and wcc i doubt theres gonna be much time for it....
anyway lets keep this talk to CWxi....

I know mate, just a friendly dig.

Keep up the good work. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Watt partners Popat at Western Australia

At a press conference this morning, a Western Australia spokesperson announced the signing of Cricket Web pacer Dave Watt to the club. In their final steps of preseason training, Western Australia are without an injured Michael Clark possibly for the entire season and Brad Williams for the first couple of weeks of competition.

"Dave is a good up-and-coming young bowler and we are confident that he will be able to fill this void left by the absence of Williams and Clark."

No word as yet as to salary. Watt will join the squad immediately, flying back from Trinidad and Tobago where he was set to take up a contract with the Princes Town Pirates. A spokesperson from the Pirates:

"We are extremely hurt and disappointed at Mr. Watt's decision. This offseason we hoped to sign a half-decent bowler and he seemed to fit the mould, so we entered this season with high hopes only to face crushing disappointment. He will never play in this town again!"

superkingdave

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No word as yet as to salary. Watt will join the squad immediately, flying back from Trinidad and Tobago where he was set to take up a contract with the Princes Town Pirates. A spokesperson from the Pirates:

"We are extremely hurt and disappointed at Mr. Watt's decision. This offseason we hoped to sign a half-decent bowler and he seemed to fit the mould, so we entered this season with high hopes only to face crushing disappointment. He will never play in this town again!"
Sad to see the lad go, though i don't think the Pirates need a half decent bowler when they have a more than decent left arm spinner. Never mind, me a Broadie will still tear it up, and we'll be sure to send a card to Dave when we win the title and he's getting clouted around the park :p

superkingdave

Samuel_Vimes said:
Well, why would he want to...PT are poor, after all ;)
Hmm, you'd better watch out Vimesy, i've been brushing up on my mind games in FM5 (Media Rating 20) and i'm planning on propelling the Pirates to T & T Glory. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
"We are extremely hurt and disappointed at Mr. Watt's decision. This offseason we hoped to sign a half-decent bowler
So, why on Earth did they sign Dave then?!

Don

thats jsut crazi.pt shud send someone to planas him.and who sayys pt is gonna win in tt this yr posp is gonna win

Slats4ever

i'll play for the pirates. sitting at home's boring...

west indies is ideal for me. i like coconuts

Last edited:

Sudeep

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
At a press conference this morning, a Western Australia spokesperson announced the signing of Cricket Web pacer Dave Watt to the club. In their final steps of preseason training, Western Australia are without an injured Michael Clark possibly for the entire season and Brad Williams for the first couple of weeks of competition.

"Dave is a good up-and-coming young bowler and we are confident that he will be able to fill this void left by the absence of Williams and Clark."

I guess Dave can say hi to Ronchi on his own now... :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slats4ever said:
i'll play for the pirates. sitting at home's boring...

west indies is ideal for me. i like coconuts
Right. Well since there were no other players applying for Princes Town when apps closed and you can bowl more than Jellett, you've been signed to the Pirates.

Dylan: Unfortunately the Pirates already have a top-class wicketkeeper-batsman.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Port-of-Spain pick up Jellett

In a midnight move, the Porters have inked in Jellett to their roster as cover due to current 'keeper Marvin Rampersad's lack of form in the preseason and over the last season. The agreement has been made on the terms that Dylan Jellett receive no salary and actually pay an entry fee of 50 pounds.

Jellett has been flown over to Piarco International Airport and will join the team ASAP. No confirmation as to whether he will play against Princes Town tomorrow in the season opener.