• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Live" Thread

andyc

vic_orthdox said:
Oh, I was also kicked out of the Aus vs NZ cricket game in 01/02 at the MCG, when NZ rolled us for like nothing, and there were all the crowd troubles, and like 500 people got booted.

And I went to the Australian Open in 1997, but spent the whole time playing mini tennis at the fan section, and missed Pat Rafter - Todd Martin 5 set classic. :dry:
lol what were you doing at the match?

Tim

- Green Day live at the North Shore Events Centre in March 2005 was awesome.
- Im not a big fan of Robbie Williams, but when he first came here back in 2001 he put on a good show at Ericsson Stadium.
- The very first ODI I ever went to back in 1992. NZ defeating Australia in the opening World Cup match.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
lol what were you doing at the match?
Well, once it was realised that Australia had the "chance of a cinder in snow" (sorry, Paul Kelly mood), there was a mexican wave that went around about 20 times. And I was in an aisle seat, and there was a security person near me as I passed a some rubbish to the guy next to me to throw up in the air, and then proceeded to throw an empty bottle of water in the air, along with the other 50,000 people doing it. And I got pinged coz I was in an aisle seat. :dry:

Linda

Seen a few bands live like Grinspoon, Pacifier, The Butterfly effect, etc but my best live experiance certainly wasnt a band.. it was the D Martyn century of December 2004. My word. I neally exploded with delight that day.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Seen Jethro Tull live, and should really have seen Chilli Peppers and Green Day live as well..

Most live sport outside cricket for me happens at Home Park, the home of Plymouth Argyle FC, and very occasionaly Bath rugby...

Probably the most enjoyable live sport I've seen was Power Cricket at the Millenium Stadium and SA's visit in 1998...

And living 20km from the Glastonbury festival is cool, I'm amazed I haven't been. This year is the one..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i have seen several premiership clubs, the likes of arsenal, chelsea and newcastle live several times.

Tom Halsey

Langeveldt said:
Probably the most enjoyable live sport I've seen was Power Cricket at the Millenium Stadium..
I remember thinking that the naff proportion of the boundaries (unavoidable) kind of ruined that.

I seem to remember the games were on sided... not sure though.

The Baconator

I've been to quite a few footy matches, all at Villa Park, including 2 England games and 1 day of Leeds Festival 2004 and 1 day of V Festival 2002.

sammy123

i think the best gig i went to was, sad i know, but it was daniel beddingfield. that guy has so much energy and there were only a few hundred people at the gig, the atmosphere was just great :)

Agent TBY

sammy123 said:
i think the best gig i went to was, sad i know, but it was daniel beddingfield. that guy has so much energy and there were only a few hundred people at the gig, the atmosphere was just great :)
All that "energy" going to waste in lipsyncing I suppose.

EDIT : _Ed_,I hope you can help me out on this,I was wondering which Muse live videos,even single songs,are the best?Which ones should I get?And is the hullabaloo DVD shot in Paris by any chance?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Yeah Hullabaloo DVD is from Le Zenith in Paris in October 2001, incredible DVD (2 disc set, with very funny footage from the tour on the second DVD, including Dom's hilarious Slipknot imitation, classic stuff..."SIT THE **** DOWWWWNNN!!" :laugh: ). The gig is awesome though, especially Bliss at the end. Highly recommended!

Craig

World Traveller
I have been to the 'Gabba severel times to watch cricket and one AFL match (got dragged along) and I like it so much better then the MCG (personally I thought the MCG was a bit over-rated).

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
I'm just back from the Zurich premiership final! At jolly old Twickers. Wasps absolutely thumped Leicester to claim their 3rd consecutive title.

A bitty game in all honesty, but the better team won. Just a shame that Jonno & Backie couldn't go out with a victory.

I've scanned my ticket in a "proof that I'm not talking poo" kinda way. £40 it set me back! :D
What was it like? How was the the view and closeness to the action?

Sir Redman

Craig said:
I have been to the 'Gabba severel times to watch cricket and one AFL match (got dragged along) and I like it so much better then the MCG (personally I thought the MCG was a bit over-rated).
Yup, agree on the MCG. When I went there it was just a giant gathering of yobbos...I must have heard at least 200 Aussie Aussie Aussie chants :@

Buddhmaster

I've been to the MCG, Subiaco, The Gabba and also the WACA, all to watch AFL 8-)

And also Suncorp Stadium to watch 2 State of Origin matches.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Craig said:
Ever been there with 100,000 others?

Sir Redman said:
Yup, agree on the MCG. When I went there it was just a giant gathering of yobbos...I must have heard at least 200 Aussie Aussie Aussie chants :@
Sounds like a ODI. Hey, we're not the smartest people. But how awesome is the "Bob! Bob!" thing, where everyone is waving their arms. Haha, yeh i know, small things and small minds