• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Cricket Web Turnip Appreciation Thread

Agent TBY

This thread made me realise that although I've known the word turnip almost as long as I've known the English language, I've never actually eaten one.

Adders

Thread ought to be renamed "Graham Taylor Appreciation Thread".
Lazy of you not to post the image...........

download.jpg

As a mad Watford fan back in the day I was genuinely gutted at GT's fall from grace (but that said admire Barnes post Watford career immensely)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You're a Watford fan? Why didn't I know this. Would have given you pelters in January.

Adders

You're a Watford fan? Why didn't I know this. Would have given you pelters in January.
LOL, not by a long stretch any more mate. Don't follow any football at all these days.........cept for jumping on the WC bandwagon once every 4 years.

But was a season ticket holder at Vicarage Rd for 4 seasons as a kid.

Edit: but it has come up in chats before I'm sure of it.......I asked you once why the hate for Johnny Barnes.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, not by a long stretch any more mate. Don't follow any football at all these days.........cept for jumping on the WC bandwagon once every 4 years.

But was a season ticket holder at Vicarage Rd for 4 seasons as a kid.

Edit: but it has come up in chats before I'm sure of it.......I asked you once why the hate for Johnny Barnes.
Because he's a ****ing **** ****

Adders

Because he's a ****ing **** ****
10 mins more of John Barnes in the 86 WC quarter final mate and we might well have got up in that game and Hand of God would have got into coke dealing a lot earlier.