• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Pakistan Politics thread

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I am not so sure about KP. The thing is that ANP has been very unpopular in KP this time around. People have come to see them in the PPP mold. PML-N is worried that their vote bank might be split and the dengue brothers are panicking.

Before his 30th october rally political analysts were of the opinion that Imran won't be able to get his supporters to move their asses from their sofas and chairs and come to his rally. They did. If he can translate the support from the urban areas of Punjab into actual votes I reckon he can easily get 25 to 30 seats.

Also the fact that Imran's popularity in KP has soared after his flood relief efforts where the ANP govt was not able to do much and received a lot of flak as well. So he might expect a few seats there too and if he plays his cards right he can get more than a handful of seats.

In Sindh he would have a hard time. Baluchistan already has very few seats in parliament and those too are usually taken by their tribal leaders belonging to one of PPP or PML.

Thirdly there are some independents like Jehangir Tareen who are well entrenched in their areas and they might now opt for Imran. Not too sure.

In the coming 6 months Imran will have to conduct a few more rallies in different parts of pakistan to see where he stands. I do agree that currently Imran stands of becoming a strong opposition leader in parliament although PM in 2013 looks difficult.

Xuhaib

If Shah Mehmood joins him then in lower Punjab he can really hurt PPP. In Karachi imo he can make a dent in MQM votebank in the affluent areas of the city.Lower middle class which still forms the majority of Karachi's population is loyal MQM especially after what Mustafa Kamal has done for them

Agent Nationaux

Ah so that's what it takes to get the courageous Khan to abandon a principled stand. Maybe the United States should threaten his life and Imran will soften his stand against them as well! :p
You have seen what the MQM is capable of when Altaf had Dr Farooq assassinated. But I think his decision was mainly due to the fact that the UK government was doing **** all and was not interested.

Regarding the chances Imran has, well yes he won't win the next elections, unless he does what Obama did in the US, i.e. get people to vote who have never voted before. Also a lot of the youth across the country supports him, and the youth does make up the majority of of the population.

I am not so sure about KP. The thing is that ANP has been very unpopular in KP this time around. People have come to see them in the PPP mold. PML-N is worried that their vote bank might be split and the dengue brothers are panicking.

Before his 30th october rally political analysts were of the opinion that Imran won't be able to get his supporters to move their asses from their sofas and chairs and come to his rally. They did. If he can translate the support from the urban areas of Punjab into actual votes I reckon he can easily get 25 to 30 seats.

Also the fact that Imran's popularity in KP has soared after his flood relief efforts where the ANP govt was not able to do much and received a lot of flak as well. So he might expect a few seats there too and if he plays his cards right he can get more than a handful of seats.

In Sindh he would have a hard time. Baluchistan already has very few seats in parliament and those too are usually taken by their tribal leaders belonging to one of PPP or PML.

Thirdly there are some independents like Jehangir Tareen who are well entrenched in their areas and they might now opt for Imran. Not too sure.

In the coming 6 months Imran will have to conduct a few more rallies in different parts of pakistan to see where he stands. I do agree that currently Imran stands of becoming a strong opposition leader in parliament although PM in 2013 looks difficult.
Who is Jehangir Tareen? Where is he from? And most importantly why does he have the same surname as me. :-O

smalishah84

The Tiger King
at first impression this seems like a comic skit for Hum Sub Umeed sai hain.
:laugh:

good analogy..........

wait.....there is more comedy on the way

Kaptaan the movie: Imran Khan - YouTube

Who is Jehangir Tareen? Where is he from? And most importantly why does he have the same surname as me. :-O
Because he is as bright as you are :p

Loved the bit about the dengue brothers smali. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: yeah that dengue brothers bit is PTI's propaganda term for Shahbaz and Nawaz. Fits them perfectly if truth be told lol

Xuhaib

even though I support Imran but his political career does not deserve a movie yet because uptill now it has mainly been u-turn statements and attention seeking actions, incidently his cricket career will lend itself to an inspirational sports movie.

Agent Nationaux

If Hollywood and Bollywood were both to make a Film on Imran, who should each choose to play the lead role. This question is especially for Fusion (enjoy answering that one Fusion :sick:). :laugh:

Last edited:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Eid Mubarak guys :)
Thanks Daemon, Khair Mubarak to you and everyone else. :)
Yeah, Eid Mubarak to everyone!!
Khair Mubarak everyone.

If Hollywood and Bollywood were both to make a Film on Imran, who should each choose to play the lead role. This question is especially for Fusion (enjoy answering that one Fusion :sick:). :laugh:
tbh the guy in this movie seems to resemble Hritik Roshan more than he resembles Imran.

I really don't know who could play Imran in Bollywood but in Hollywood

http://handson.provocateuse.com/images/photos/pierce_brosnan_01.jpg

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Eid Mubarak guys :)
Thanks Daemon, Khair Mubarak to you and everyone else. :)
Yeah, Eid Mubarak to everyone!!
Khair Mubarak everyone.

tbh the guy in the movie kaptaan seems to resemble Hritik Roshan more than he resembles Imran.

I really don't know who could play Imran in Bollywood but in Hollywood

Faisal1985

Kaptaan The Movie (2012) - Official Trailer - PakistaniCinema - YouTube

A movie on the life of Imran Khan..........this looks terrible tbh......
Like the initial shair by the great Allama Iqbal....

Imran has said that many times himself, resistance is an opportunity from God for you to become better and better...

Another thing Imran said that i really liked was .... ``Never compromise on the goal, but compromise to achieve that goal`` I am sort of paraphrasing..but the idea is scholarly...