• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Zimbabwe Politics Thread

For all discussions relating to Zimbabwe politics. Will Mugabe run for another term? Starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Who will succeed him when he finally kicks the bucket? Will the country make a comeback from the absolute cesspit that it currently is?

Bahnz

For all discussions relating to Zimbabwe politics. Will Mugabe run for another term? Starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Who will succeed him when he finally kicks the bucket? Will the country make a comeback from the absolute cesspit that it currently is?
Doubt it, Mugabe's been little more than a figurehead for the military for a while now. They seem pretty happy squatting on the diamond mines and letting the rest of the nation rot.

Bahnz

Whatever became of Tsvangirai?
He's still floating around the scene, but it's hard to actually achieve any significant change when the Government keeps arresting, beating up and murdering your political allies. Tsvangirai himself isn't a figure that gives me a lot of hope. He's really a bit of an old fashioned trade union thug. There've been a few rumours of intimidatory violence within the MDC against potential political rivals.

Last edited:

Cow

Banned
Been reading quite a lot about the ongoing situation and I've come to the conclusion, after much thought and reflection, that I would certainly bang Grace Mugabe if her husband was to pass away.

It's not her looks per se, but the attraction of a despot's wife. I would hope that she would manhandle me. Throw me around like a naughty white farmer in a Dubai 7 star hotel room with burly minders guarding the door.

It's worth noting that Mugabe is in his 90s and looks as fit as a fiddle. That's a man who has been getting lots of cardio every night.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Been reading quite a lot about the ongoing situation and I've come to the conclusion, after much thought and reflection, that I would certainly bang Grace Mugabe if her husband was to pass away.

It's not her looks per se, but the attraction of a despot's wife. I would hope that she would manhandle me. Throw me around like a naughty white farmer in a Dubai 7 star hotel room with burly minders guarding the door.

It's worth noting that Mugabe is in his 90s and looks as fit as a fiddle. That's a man who has been getting lots of cardio every night.

StephenZA

grace-mugabe-complains-over-family-allies-treatment-report

Poor darling....

In July this year, Grace reportedly moved to expand her Mazowe "empire" in Mashonaland province by grabbing the "iconic state-owned Mazowe Dam - almost a century after it was built - and surrounding tracts of land".

The move at the tie heightened her "bitter fights with local villagers", who were barred from using the huge dam, as she also wanted to privatise it.

Grace's empire included a huge double-storey mansion, a dairy farm, an orphanage and a school. She also had plans to build a university.

But as the Zimbabwe Independent reported on Friday, Grace was now complaining about threats to her businesses and property, citing the terms of the agreement secretly reached as part of the deal for Mugabe to resign.