• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5 Simpsons Episodes

GotSpin

Okay, The Simpsons clearly isn't what it used to be, and its also a prime example of a TV show that has gone on for way too long. Nevertheless, there are some classic episodes where almost every line is hilarious. Here are my Top 5

- (I have a lot of free time on my hands) I haven't read any other top Simpsons list and this is entirely from memory basically so I've probably missed a tonne of good ones. I've obviously gone online and found the quotes though just to make sure I didn't butcher them. The list is in no particular order. I just numbered them so I don't forget how many I've done

1. Deep Space Homer : When Homer goes into Space. There are so many classic moments and references to popular entertainment. Easily one of the most memorable for me.

YouTube - The Simpsons - Space Chips

Brockman: And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Bart: Awww, they were about to show close ups of the rod
Race: They'll clog the instruments
Buzz: Careful, they're ruffled
NASA Agent: I Don't understand, that was non-alcoholic champagne
2. Homer at the Bat :Following the Nuclear power plant softball team, Mr Burns brings in a whole lot of ringers who have hilarious accidents and also includes the song, 'Talkin Softball'

YouTube - softball song best version

Darryl, Darryl, Darryl[/url]
Homer: You're Darryl Strawberry?
Darryl: Yes.
Homer: You play right field?
Darryl: Yes.
Homer: I play right field too, so, are you better than me?
Darryl: Well, I've never met you, but…yes.
Officer Eddie: (reading Steve Sax's license) Well well, Steve Sax, from New York City.
Officer Lou: I heard some guy got killed in New York City and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Steve?
(Lou and Eddie laugh)
Steve Sax: But there are hundreds of unsolved murders in New York City.
Officer Lou: You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you, Saxxy Boy?
3. Trash of the titans- This is probably my favourite to be honest. Home runs for sanitation commissioner against Ray Patterson. The Candy man rip off song is so good as well.

YouTube - The Simpsons Ray Patterson
Bart Simpson: [over loud speaker] Hey everybody, vote for my dad, Homer Simpson. If you don't he'll beat us.
Homer Simpson: [over loud speaker] Why you little... er... No one's gonna beat you, son.
[under his breath, but still audible]
Homer Simpson: You're gonna get such a beating!
Bono: Hold on folks. The man's talking about waste management, that effects the whole damn planet!
The Edge: Aw, here we go.
[to Larry]
The Edge: What do you say we slip out to Moe's for a pint?
Adam Clayton: Can I come?
The Edge: No.
Adam Clayton: Wankers.
4. Bart v. Australia - This makes my top 5 probably because the cultural references are just so funny. Always laugh when the Koala is hanging off the helicopter at the end as well.

Marge: We have those in America. They're called bull frogs.
Store Clerk: That's weird! I'd have called them chuzzwazzers!
Australian with Spoon: You call that a knife?
[the man pulls out a spoon]
Australian with Spoon: *This* is a knife.
Bart: [confused] That's not a knife, that's a spoon.
Australian with Spoon: Alright, alright you win. I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
5. You Only Move Twice - Hank Scorpio is one of my favourite guest-stars and its such a good episode with numerous Bond references

YouTube - Hank Scorpio (Theme Song) - The Simpsons *End Credits*

Scorpio: Good afternoon, gentlemen. This is Scorpio. I have the Doomsday Device. You have 72 hours to deliver the gold or you'll face the consequences. And to prove I'm not bluffing, watch this. [presses a button causing a bridge to blow up in the background of the screen the gentlemen are visible in]
UN Man 1: [all the men look at the explosion] Oh My God, the Fifty-Ninth Street Bridge!
UN Man 2: Maybe it just collapsed on its own.
UN Man 1: We can't take that chance.
UN Man 2: You always say that. I want to take a chance!
Bart: So, what you in here for?
Remiedial Child #1: I'm from Canada and everyone thinks I'm slow, eh.
Remiedial Child #2: I fell off the jungle gym and when I woke up I was in here.
Remiedial Child #3: I start fires!
Probably not the most conclusive list but it's hard to narrow them down to a top five list from memory so this is the best I've come up with. Trash of the Titans is my favourite and probably has the best set of quotes.

The Party Posse would probably be my 6th favourite but just couldn't break into the top 5.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Was considering Lisa on Ice actually, but the whole episode isn't entirely great. Some classic moments though. Like when Wiggum bets on the other team so they can't go out for Pizza and Marge holding onto Thrillhouses teeth. It could potentially replace the Hank Scorpio episode though

GotSpin

Indeed, Beer baron is really good.

I'm starting to regret my choice of Bart v Australia and Hank Scorpio now!

Ikki

There are so many. When I don't have an essay to type I'll add some more.

Two glaring quotes missed IMO :p, are

Deep Space Homer:
Marge: But on the other hand, when you don't take advantage of an
opportunity, you can end up regretting it for the rest of your
life.
Homer: You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could have met Mr. T
at the mall. The entire day I kept saying, "I'll go a little
later. I'll go a little later." And then when I got there, they
told me he'd just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he
would ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm
never going to let something like that happen again! I'm going
into space right now!
Homer at the bat:

It's the day before the game, and Burns gives his team some final advice.
(Darryl Strawberry chimes in sycophantically.)

Burns: Now, before I post the starting line-up, I want to assure those of you
whose names are not on the list... that I'm very disappointed in you.

Homer: Please please please, I want to make the team. [catches Roger Clemens]
Clemens, did I make the team?
Roger: You sure did!
Homer: I did! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! In your face, Strawberry!
Roger: Wait a minute, are you Ken Griffey, Jr.?
Homer: No.
Roger: Sorry. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.
LOL, I guess they're more funny for how they were said/set up.

HeathDavisSpeed

All the episodes where they go overseas are poor. The stereotyping is cheap & easy and is the modern equivalent of watching the Black & White Minstrels.

However, the "That's not a knife..." gag is indeed a winner. Hilarious the first time, still chuckle.

Scorpio episode is probably my favourite overall.

GotSpin

All the episodes where they go overseas are poor. The stereotyping is cheap & easy and is the modern equivalent of watching the Black & White Minstrels.

However, the "That's not a knife..." gag is indeed a winner. Hilarious the first time, still chuckle.

They still have some great references. The Fosters Can, the Cane toad problem.

Uppercut

I thought the Australia episode was awesome.

That throwing stick of yours has boomeranged on us!

Criticising the booting is a bootable offense.

Didn't much like the ones in Japan, England or Canada though. My favourite was always the one where Homer changed his name to Max Power.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I enjoyed when they went to Italy and Sideshow Bob comes back. The 'Vendetta' line is easily the best thing I've seen in the last 8 seasons of the Simpsons that I watch sporadically.

NZ Guy

One of my favourites: The Way We Was (Season 2, Episode 12). Incredibly endearing and funny. If you got a spare 20-30 mins, watch it.

Watching: The Simpsons 212 The Way We Was|Watch The Simpsons Online - FREE!
Whoa I could really eat through my broadband with that site!

Just watched the episode, they dont show the early seasons much these days so it was the first time ive seen it in awhile but it just reminded me of how much better the early stuff was than now. It may just be nostalgia but im not sure, There's also something nice about the less refined animation/audio.

Ikki

Nah, it's not just nostalgia. The stuff they churn out now are pieces of crap. I watch them every once in a while to give them a chance based on my love of the show but quickly turn off when it falls way short of my expectations. I don't want to ruin my memories of the greatest TV show ever (IMO) on what they're doing to it currently.

Manee

Hank Scorpio is definitely my favourite, the genius in that episode is unmatched by any other show.

Simon

WCC Staff
Three favourites are Stonecutters, Flaming Moes and the one when Homer tries to become an inventor.