• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK to take Eurovision seriously?

Matteh

Essentially we'll never win again because everyone hates us and we're not a Balkan/Baltic state and we're never going to vote to have a Lordi novelty-esque entry.

Kweek

nope, dutch vote for turks,
belgium votes for the dutch
english vote for the scots/irish
greece votes macadonia
macadonia votes for greece
etc. etc.

steds

Essentially we'll never win again because everyone hates us and we're not a Balkan/Baltic state and we're never going to vote to have a Lordi novelty-esque entry.
:-O What are you on about? How could we lose with Moz writing and maybe even singing? :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
One of my mates e-mailed me that very link at work. It's superficially the sort of story that makes you check the calendar to see if it's April the first, but it does make some sort of sense given the great man's love of Sandie Shaw & 60s kitsch generally.

Can't believe they'd make him qualify tho.

Jungle Jumbo

Eurovision is one quality night of entertainment. Much of my understanding of European politics comes from it. Look at the current situation: Belarus has apparently cut off Russia's oil exports, but it doesn't matter because Belarus will vote for Russia in Eurovision, and so will avoid the possibility of a bunch of T-34s in the streets of Minsk.

Agree with Matteh though: you can't win it unless you are either a Baltic, Balkan or Eastern European nation, or from Scandinavia (whereby you don't upset anyone).

Steulen

If Morrissey goes to Eurovision I'm afraid I have to burn all my Smiths and Morrissey cd's. Blech, what a fall from grace that'd be.

Although his cover version of Hard Rock Hallelujah might be interesting.

James90

I don't think it's a fall from grace. Morrissey has always been shameless. It would be however if after all that he didn't qualify or didn't get a single vote. I'm sure he'd get many though just for his reputation. Might even get him some exposure.

Kweek

i'd agree with St00ls here, i'd probably throw and delete everything I have of the man.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eurovision is, rather like white wine, soap operas & moisturisers, best left to lasses & pooves. I'll leave it to your imagination which camp (ha!) Sir Steven is in.

I say fair play to him; for me it'd be rather like Zidane turning out for (say) Exeter 'cos he supported them as a kid, obviously beneath him but he's fulfilling a childhood ambition.