• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Karl Marx the most evil man ever?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This thread reminds me of a question I’ve been meaning to ask, which is are the left evil or just misguided?

Serious responses only please.

Burgey

It's just another POV, and you are required to afford it the same level of respect which supposedly open minded, polite and courteous posters on here seem to always give white supremacists and neos, even though they are in no way sympathetic to their views. No Siree, not at all.

Ausage

About as evil and/or misguided as (most of) their white supremacist statist counterparts. Less the former, more the latter.

They deserve the same kind of treatment too. I don't want them thrown in a cage, but I see no need to pretend they're offering value in the realm of public discourse.

Ausage

It can and regularly has gone well beyond public healthcare. Into various types of "cleansing" even.

Again and again and again.

Ausage

Yes, look all around us at Medicare being turned into gulags.
Don't have to look far to see nationalised industry turn into mass starvation and societal collapse though.

Look I'm trolling somewhat, but let's not pretend that's as far as leftisms ever gone.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't have to look far to see nationalised industry turn into mass starvation and societal collapse though.

Look I'm trolling somewhat, but let's not pretend that's as far as leftisms ever gone.
Yeah, but the argument that there are no distinctions between different schools of thought within such a broad umbrella, or the deliberate eliding of such distinctions, is basically a kind of anti-thinking.

Ausage

Yeah, but the argument that there are no distinctions between different schools of thought within such a broad umbrella, or the deliberate eliding of such distinctions, is basically a kind of anti-thinking.
Sure but you could make that argument for the ethno types too.

weldone

If you wouldn't read Mein Kampf you shouldn't read any Marx.

Debate that Marxists
Marx was a thinker. Hitler was a doer. The only way to know a doer is from his actions; the only way to know a thinker is from his writing.

For the same reason, I shall never read any Mao.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If they believe it's not in the patient's best interests, or that a type of treatment is contra to their own system of ethics or beliefs, they do tbf.

In the UK anyway.

weldone

Doctors will get replaced by intelligent robots in a couple of decades.

Last edited:

MrPrez

Marx was a thinker. Hitler was a doer. The only way to know a doer is from his actions; the only way to know a thinker is from his writing.

For the same reason, I shall never read any Mao.
Reading's for nerds anyway.