• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what is it to be cultural

nibbs

my girlfriend made a remark recently that i am not 'cultural', basing her claim on the fact that i don't drink wine or go to musical productions. got me wondering, how does someone become cultural? her claim is such that she is cultural so i pushed for a definition, but one was not forthcoming.

i was hoping someone might be able to elaborate for me.

andruid

my girlfriend made a remark recently that i am not 'cultural', basing her claim on the fact that i don't drink wine or go to musical productions. got me wondering, how does someone become cultural? her claim is such that she is cultural so i pushed for a definition, but one was not forthcoming.

Depends on your culture. You could have hit back at her by saying its not in your culture to drink wine as a sign of social advancement and called her imperialistic.:laugh:

cpr

Drinking wine is only cultured if you actually bother with a glass and not go straight to the source with a straw, apparently.

By her definition smashing back a bottle of Lambrini in a skanky dance club is cultured.

Craig

World Traveller

Walk around a thousand art galleries whilst on holiday.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yes, see vineyard visits are for those who want to say that they are doing something "cultured", but are really just another way to get pretty gassed. Although you may find yourself in the awkward position of having to do all the driving, nibbs, which is what might be termed being placed between a rock and a hard place.

sirdj

You are what you are...........why pretend to be something you're not?

At least you were cultured enough to choose a girlfriend of such 'cultured' standards.