• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what is it to be cultural

Langeveldt

Soutie
When a girlfriend implies being cultural, she means you doing something you don't like doing and putting a smile on..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm sure she means 'cultured', and not 'culutural'.

Your perfect retort to her, if she indeed mistakenly told you to be more 'cultural', is for her to actually get the terminology right before claiming she 'is'.

With regards to what she's probably referring to, I guess its similar to the term 'worldly'. You appreciate aspects of life which the average person wouldn't generally indulge themselves with.

I've always firmly believed that pretending to like classical music is a better method of faking being 'cultured' rather than drinking wine and visiting vine yards. Simply because its become so common to pretend to know about wine, less-so with classical music.

Last edited:

Sanz

my girlfriend made a remark recently that i am not 'cultural', basing her claim on the fact that i don't drink wine or go to musical productions. got me wondering, how does someone become cultural? her claim is such that she is cultural so i pushed for a definition, but one was not forthcoming.

i was hoping someone might be able to elaborate for me.
Here is what you should do on a Daily Basis :-

Talk to her about Michael Angelo, Picasso
Ask her about the Tonal requirements for Opera Singers
Talk to her about the differences in the 19th and 20th century symphony

Last edited:

Shaggy Alfresco

my girlfriend made a remark recently that i am not 'cultural', basing her claim on the fact that i don't drink wine or go to musical productions. got me wondering, how does someone become cultural? her claim is such that she is cultural so i pushed for a definition, but one was not forthcoming.

i was hoping someone might be able to elaborate for me.
I would have mocked her for misusing the word "cultural" instead of saying "cultured". Probably why I'm single.

Burgey

Being "cultural" is like being agricultural, only in an urban environment.

Hope that helps.

nibbs

guys, i'm a budding amateur photographer, with skills much like that of rich hingston. although i'm held back by my lack of zoom.

Flem274*

123/5
Hate people who say they're "cultural." No you're not, you're a skinny white hippie trying to be >insert random culture here<

When people say they're cultural they're saying they are worth more than you and you better get back to licking the toilet bowl

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hate people who say they're "cultural." No you're not, you're a skinny white hippie trying to be >insert random culture here<

When people say they're cultural they're saying they are worth more than you and you better get back to licking the toilet bowl
Why would you be licking the toilet bowl in the first place Phlegm?

FRAZ

To me, being cultural means self-discovery and self-preservation in an intellectual sense and to absorb the goodness all around you .

Last edited: