• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What phone should I get?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Apple enthusiasts need not impart their wisdom.

I have had the original Samsung Galaxy Note for 3 years now, and love it, but it's dying on me.

Will be buying outright, and ideally don't want to spend more than $500... but could possibly be convinced otherwise.

HALP

Daemon

Samsung S5, HTC One M8 or E8, Experia Z3 and iPhone 6 were the ones that I was choosing from with a $500 budget. I was recontracting though so the phones fell in that budget.

zorax

likes this
Xiaomi is pretty good. Got a lot of people who can vouch for it. Problem is they only produce small quantities and ship to very few locations on the globe - most likely you'll need to find a middleman to acquire one.

One Plus One is great too.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Depends on what size you want and the kind of experience you're looking for :naughty:.

I have a Note 2, which is the best phone I've ever had and I love the size. I was pretty set on Xperia Z3 for when mine craps out but now I'm being somewhat mesmerized by the Note 4. Nexus 6 will be a great phone but it's bigger than even the Note 4 I believe and not much cheaper. If budget is an issue and size isn't, you may want to look into the Moto G or even the Moto X. They're awesome phones when you take everything into account while not excelling at any one thing.

Experience wise (user interface/features), Samsung uses Touchwiz that I'm not a fan of but can overlook, Xperia has it's own thing going on that's probably only marginally better. Moto phones have the closest UI to a pure Android experience while not being a Nexus since Google owns Moto. You'd get updates to Moto and Nexus pretty much right away. Xperia has probably the best battery and is water proof, while the Note 4 has by far the best camera from what I've read.

All the newer phones have great tech, just weigh your options based on what you need (camera, price, battery, etc.).

Spark

Global Moderator
That's not exactly praise...
Idk what else to say tbh though. It runs android and all the software works as it should. It has a quality screen, quality speakers (actually the internal speakers are excellent), good headphone output, all as expected.

As you can tell I am not a phone junkie.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Idk what else to say tbh though. It runs android and all the software works as it should. It has a quality screen, quality speakers (actually the internal speakers are excellent), good headphone output, all as expected.

As you can tell I am not a phone junkie.
It's supposed to have the best speakers in the industry.

harsh.ag

Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 cost the same, so try and look at both (around $600). The S5 has the better back camera, while the M8 has the better front camera. M8 feels like a more premium phone in terms of looks and finish. The S5, however, is usually better rated by the experts. It is also waterproof and dust resistant, unlike the M8. And if you are a fan of wearable tech, S5 is your best bet. International versions of both cost less, but warranty might be an issue. Good luck :)

social

Nokia - they work first time, every time

I have a bottom of the range dinosaur for phone calls and a top of the range for everything else and there is nothing better