• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be/should be india's next coach

Bun

Banned
Stephen Flemming
Very good choice. He has already worked with CSK and Dhoni and appears to be in the Wright/Gary mode, no intrusive and preferring to back seat driving rather than being dictatorial.

They should approach Graham Ford!
Not a chance. BCCI were "snubbed" by him, and there is no way they're going back to him.

Any chance of poaching Andy Flower from England?
Haha, but from what I know, Andy is kind of Chappelish, a strict authoritarian coach with training methods like camping in Germany and all that. May not go down that well with the seniors

Good one mate. But God shows only the path, he cannot make them walk through it :ph34r:

:laugh: But Sachin has won more WCs than him :ph34r:

Greg Chappell :ph34r:
Hehe the guy is walking destruction. He blew up India, and now is repeating the same with Australia.

Bun

Banned
Also while a coach can definitely take a lot of pressure of the cap, not sure whether it is absolutely necessary to have one at the top. Perhaps batting/fielding/bowling coaches with a manager should do? India certainly had that structure going from end of WC 2007 till end of Australian tour. They won in England, lost ODI series 3-4, won against Pakistan, won the T20 World Cup, lost 1-2 in Aus (that series) and won the CB series. From the depths of WC 07, that was quite a turnaround without a designated full time coach.

Bun

Banned
your analysis of Dav Whatmore?
Good choice as well... The guy has worked with subcontinental teams almost all his life, even coaching one of them to a WC win. Perhaps underrated by the BCCI. I thought he was appointed by them in the NCA, so there is a chance he might win the job. Pretty sure he understands the Indian psyche well, and to top it all he is a firang :ph34r:

Cevno

Fleming will be the man to go for i think
I Think he ought to be the favorite.

Has done well with Srinivasan's team CSK and Srinivasan is the current secretary of the board as well as the president elect and probably the main decision maker currently.

Also Fleming has worked with Dhoni and has a pretty good relation with him from what i can gather.

Spark

Global Moderator
Do people really think Shane Warne would be the best coach? I don't know... he was a genius but that doesn't mean he'll be a good coach.

benchmark00

lol @ the person who relentlessly went on a cruisade against the need for a coach in cricket possibly becoming a coach.

WAC he is. Will do anything for a bit of attention.

Cevno

Steve Waugh and Saurav Ganguly as joint coaches.
Why not get Greg Chappell,Ian Chappell, Sunil Gavaskar and Navjot singh Sidhu in the mix too, along with them while we are at it.

Can have a whole coaching comittee.

Would like to be present in the strategy sessions.:laugh:

Borges

Do people really think Shane Warne would be the best coach? I don't know... he was a genius but that doesn't mean he'll be a good coach.
My impression so far is that he would make an excellent coach for a team of young, aspiring players.

For a team with Tendulkar, Dravid and VVS in it? Don't know for sure; but it would sure help that like Kirsten, he has played against them and unlike a lot of others, wouldn't have to struggle to gain their respect.

I personally would love to see Shane Warne as the coach of the Indian team. I have watched a fair amount of cricket, and I haven't seen anyone else with a keener cricketing brain.