• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will there be a World War 3?

Shri

If it does, it would be messy as ****. I think it will be more like pockets where civil wars take place tbh. When we contaminate enough fresh water sources in tightly populated regions, mass immigrations are likely going to take place and we will have ugly fights where we won't be able to point clearly at groups and call them bad.

Ausage

Flem274*

123/5
Some people can't help themselves and push buttons on internet adverts that give them viruses. Eventually someone is going to look at the nuclear button the same way.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I feel like there are a few ways world war 3 could happen, but I always lean towards it being unlikely.

- Russia the dying super power, Russia economically is pretty weak, and militarily they are very strong. I honestly don’t see them not continuing to rock the boat. Theoretically in the next twenty to thirty years they may finally push something too far.

- China the emerging military super power, the Chinese carrier fleet is in production and with the type 003 China will be at the cutting edge of military, global technology, disputes in the South China Sea and abroad could theoretically escalate or continue to escalate in the next 20-40 years

- European hegemony, Europe have plans to militarise, mostly due to the French. Is it really impossible to see some populist French/German/Italian warhound take a boot to Russia or turkey or something in the next fifty years?

- America, it’s america.

Uppercut

I feel like there are a few ways world war 3 could happen, but I always lean towards it being unlikely.

- Russia the dying super power, Russia economically is pretty weak, and militarily they are very strong. I honestly don’t see them not continuing to rock the boat. Theoretically in the next twenty to thirty years they may finally push something too far.

- China the emerging military super power, the Chinese carrier fleet is in production and with the type 003 China will be at the cutting edge of military, global technology, disputes in the South China Sea and abroad could theoretically escalate or continue to escalate in the next 20-40 years

- European hegemony, Europe have plans to militarise, mostly due to the French. Is it really impossible to see some populist French/German/Italian warhound take a boot to Russia or turkey or something in the next fifty years?

- America, it’s america.
I think the first three ways attribute too much rationality to nation states. The last way is the most convincing, except in place of "America" it should be "everyone". All it really takes is for the deeply flawed political system of one or more countries to turf up the wrong brand of idiotic leadership at the wrong time. It's what happened the first two times.

zorax

likes this
Definitely feel a civil war in USA is likely to happen before WW3 does.

International relations aren't that bad tbh. China are probably the most worrying player.

Burgey

- America, it’s america.
America won’t atart a world war. They always come late to the big important wars then claim they won them single handed, while kicking off smaller ones they shouldn’t then lose them.