• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Bets

Howe_zat

Because they're fun, and my avatar could do with a change anyway.

Here's my offer to any non-England fan (and I'll take on multiple forumers):

If England knocks out your team, I get your avatar. If your team knocks England out, you get mine. Bet lasts until the next time the teams play each other in any format.

Shri

India to be World Champions if they get to the finals. 1 year avatar bet. Bet cancelled if they don't get to the final.

morgieb

For English fans only.

Whoever finishes higher gets to choose the other person's avatar for a month.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Take it or leave it, ****!
I'll leave it, I'm not committing to a bet you can so easily back out of.

"I think India will win, however my bet doesn't count if India get ****ed out of the competition in any of the early rounds."

Teja.

Global Moderator
India to go further in the competition than the other person's team. Cancels out if both teams go out in the same stage, No RR/points ****.

45 day bet.

Any takers?

Shri

I'll leave it, I'm not committing to a bet you can so easily back out of.

"I think India will win, however my bet doesn't count if India get ****ed out of the competition in any of the early rounds."
They are called rules. You can take it up on the day of the final if you want, else you can zip it.

Blaze 18

Banned
You're on.

And on that note...if BD win the WC, I'll wear any avatar you pick.
So, if India or Bangladesh win the World Cup, I get to choose your avatar for a month. If some other team wins, you get to choose my avatar for a month.

Deal.

Turbinator

Screw all the pessimism, India to win the World Cup. Avatar bet for one month. Any takers ?
Props to this bet.

Reminds me of the time when my avatar was actually mine, and I could bravely enforce any bet I wished. Won a lot tbh, but then one day the sun just had to set. Still feel hard done-by, however. Should've won that bet, and the series. If it wasn't for Bucknor, it'd perhaps have been the most famous avatar bet victory in history of CW. It was already the most controversial one.

On that note, let me know PH if you need me to change my avatar.

Turbinator

I had wondered about your avatar. What's the full story?
So during India's tour of Australia in 2008, the series wasn't the only controversial point being discussed. To sum it up, I basically made an avatar bet with PH that if India loses the series, I will lose my avatar to him for life. And if India wins the series, he has to give up his avatar for life. There were several posters trying to convince me to not take the bet as no one gave India a chance. It all started when Pasag told me to "put my money where my mouth is" when I was boasting about India's chances prior to the series.

However, till this day I do not one bit regret going into the bet. If it wasn't for Bucknor and the incidents that took place at Sydney, India would very well have won the series. And with the way India fought in that series, it surprised just about everyone, and I saw it coming. I was proud of my prediction, much like the recent India in South Africa series.

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, the scoreline read 2-1 and I had to, rightly so, give up my avatar. But it could very easily have been the other way around.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Haha, brill story.

Great to see a man stick to his guns on these things. I suspect if you tried to change it there'd be uproar anyway, probably part of CW history by now.

honestbharani

So during India's tour of Australia in 2008, the series wasn't the only controversial point being discussed. To sum it up, I basically made an avatar bet with PH that if India loses the series, I will lose my avatar to him for life. And if India wins the series, he has to give up his avatar for life. There were several posters trying to convince me to not take the bet as no one gave India a chance. It all started when Pasag told me to "put my money where my mouth is" when I was boasting about India's chances prior to the series.

However, till this day I do not one bit regret going into the bet. If it wasn't for Bucknor and the incidents that took place at Sydney, India would very well have won the series. And with the way India fought in that series, it surprised just about everyone, and I saw it coming. I was proud of my prediction, much like the recent India in South Africa series.

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, the scoreline read 2-1 and I had to, rightly so, give up my avatar. But it could very easily have been the other way around.
It was a watershed moment in Indian cricket, that Sydney test.. Really got the seniors together more than ever, I feel..

Bahnz

New Zealand won't win any games against the host nations (I'm including Pakistan in this, even though they're no longer one of the hosts).

2 weeks.

Last edited: