• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Bracket Challenge

James

Cricket Web Owner
I got India v Pakistan in one semi and New Zealand v Australia in the other. Now that would be good !

harsh.ag

Well, the 92 comparisons go out the window as both Pak and Eng are not going to make it to the semis (unless NZ **** up monumentally in their last 2 games)

James90

Every possible permutation leads to an Australia v NZ semi-final when I do it.
Scrap that, I have found one that results in Australia v England:

Australian d. NZ
England d. India
India d. Bangladesh
England d. NZ
RSA d. Australia

James90

And Australia can still play Bangladesh or Pakistan if Bangladesh can beat India.

Australia could also play India, with NZ finishing top of the group, but that relies on a number of unlikely outcomes including Sri Lanka beating India.

So my final thoughts are:

Australia will probably play NZ in the semi-final and probably won’t play India, but anything is possible.