• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's wealth distribution

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't the top handful have more than the entire bottom billion (might even be two or three billion)?

Spark

Global Moderator
is that oxfam study new? i remember they did a study like this a while back and the methodology was super dodgy iirc.

edit: yeah. seems they haven't bothered to fix this.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

I am one of the poor ones, so do the right thing and give some of your moola to me ****. This in-balance is a disgrace and you can make the first move in writing the wrong.
love it or leave it

when you guys lose the ashes then i might donate a bit to cheer you up :)

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
the hell? this study is dodgy as **** but it's not their data, as the article shows. it's oxfam, for god's sake - if you're going to laugh them off on the basis that they're... a charity that helps the global poor? i don't even

HeathDavisSpeed

The statistic is almost irrelevant - if you can't see the growing gap between rich and poor, you need to open your eyes.

Not that this in itself is an issue for the rich as things stand, but history shows that there is a breaking point past which the lumpenproletariat are likely to make life uneasy for the uber-rich. Viva la revolucion!

Adders

love it or leave it

when you guys lose the ashes then i might donate a bit to cheer you up :)
:laugh:

Can't you back pay for the last Ashes?? If it helps I still have nightmares and haven't really got over it.

Oh and I was hoping for more than "a bit". Just enough to get me into that 1% should suffice......

dermo

this thread is definitely ending with pews making a massive post that basically says "im a libertarian" and then everyone saying something along the lines of "thats ****ed"

Grasshopper

The statistic is almost irrelevant - if you can't see the growing gap between rich and poor, you need to open your eyes.

Not that this in itself is an issue for the rich as things stand, but history shows that there is a breaking point past which the lumpenproletariat are likely to make life uneasy for the uber-rich. Viva la revolucion!
There's already a revolution of sorts underway, led by the likes of Chuck Feeney. Sadly, there are too few of them, and the world's polies don't give a flying ****...let them eat cake, etc...