• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Xuhaib

Wild celebrations in all the major cities people going wild, entire Karachi has turned up at Afridi's residence.

magsi23

Wild celebration in UK as well, it felt to me i was in Karachi and not London, check out videos on youtube shortly

Fusion

Global Moderator
*Waits for a great long post by Fusion*
:D. I have no words to describe how I feel right now. So no long post from me! I'm too busy celebrating anyway. I maybe in Texas, but me and other Pakistani supporters are going as wild as those in Karachi!

PhoenixFire

Could anyone give me a heads-up as to whether Mohammed Aamir is actually 17 or not? I know that the ages given by the PCB aren't always 100% accurate, but if they are, then he is a seriously good bowler for a 17 year-old. Stick him in our u-17s league and you could guarantee he'd get 9 or more wickets every game.

Burgey

Well done to Pakistan, and to Sri Lanka for that matter.

Especially nice to see those two sides play the final, given events earlier this year.

masterblaster

Well done to Pakistan on a fantastic game and tournament. They played wonderfully well today and thoroughly deserved to win. This is a fantastic result for Pakistan Cricket and World Cricket in general and credit has to go to Younis Khan and the rest of the team for playing so well.

pasag

RTDAS
Very happy for Younis, deserves it.

Weird championship huh? Who would have thought Pakistan would have won? Not even their biggest fans would have predicted this from the outset.

duffer

Images of the reaction in Pakistan. :)

Last night was tough for me to watch. I didn't want Pakistan to win as theywere our "rivals" so to speak,and Lanka winning would mean all my Lankan mates (a lot of them) would never live it down.

But after seeing those pics I'm chuffed for Pakistani fans. If they felt anything like I felt when India won last time then it's awesome for them considering the situation in their country now. Hilarious that so many people wrote themoff pre-tournament. They were something like 13-4(?) in T20's going in, never write them off.

tooextracool

Very happy for Younis, deserves it.

Weird championship huh? Who would have thought Pakistan would have won? Not even their biggest fans would have predicted this from the outset.
Can you really 'predict' anything with Pakistan? They probably play their best cricket when the expectation on their team is minimal.

Well done to them though, i doubt too many teams had the kind of talent to beat the 2 most clinical sides in SA and SL back to back the way they did. IMO they had a far more balanced 'team' than SL as I mentioned before and I am glad that they won not to mention that cricket is a better sport for having these unpredictable and capricious talents than it would be without them. A consistent Pakistan would probably be the most boring thing in the world and its really what sets them apart.

Noble One

Well done to Pakistan.

Almost the perfect T20 performance against a very solid outfit in Sri Lanka. Afridi and Ajmal proved again to be the most dominating spin-twin combination in T20 cricket. Incredible ability for the two of them to put the brakes on every innings and simply hustle through 8 combined over’s in no time.

Afridi is indeed an enigma with the bat, maybe only comes off one year in every three. But he has won Pakistan a T20 world cup, dangerous cricketer now he demands selection more for his spin bowling ability.

Quality end to a pretty decent tournament.

Shri

Images of the reaction in Pakistan. :)

Just shows how much India and Pak are alike as far as cricket is concerned.:)

Pakistan started getting better and better as the tournament progressed imo and really became the best side in the competition when the semi final was over. Then, it was just a matter of carrying that momentum for another 40 overs on the finals. Deserving champions.