• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Shri

Afridi was player of the tournament in 2007 wasn't he?

This really shouldn't have been that much of a surprise then.

Dilshan player of the tournament in 2009, on the losing side, just like Afridi was in 2007.
Dilshan.

EDIT: WTF happened? Swear I saw that post in another thread.

Xuhaib

Great win so so happy congratz to all the Pakistani members here NP,Fusion, Numan and others also thanks to all the other members who backed Pakistan.Feel sad for Lanka since they deserved it equally but then there is always next time like Pakistan showed:)

Naumaan

Great win so so happy congratz to all the Pakistani members here NP,Fusion, Numan and others also thanks to all the other members who backed Pakistan.Feel sad for Lanka since they deserved it equally but then there is always next time like Pakistan showed:)
Mubarrik ho (congratulations) bro, well really enjoyed ;)
rather than posting here, i was on the road lol

Naumaan

lol
well he said before the tournament that he 'll quit t20, & he wants to win t20 championship for Pakistan

Xuhaib

I want Mohd Aamir to be locked in a room with Wasim Akram for two years you can just see the potential but too raw for me to succeed atm.

Naumaan

I want Mohd Aamir to be locked in a room with Wasim Akram for two years you can just see the potential but too raw for me to succeed atm.
well yeah agreed
but i like Shahzaib too, he's not a great player, might not 've good technique, but he really played well today
Kamran was great
Malik played well too
& Afridi what can i say about him
great performance by all ;)

ret

Player of the tournament should 've been Afridi to be honest
more than 170 runs
11 wickets
Arfidi made 100 odd runs and took 4 wkts in the last two games and was rightly named the MoM in both the games. Before that he should have had 60 odd runs and 7 wkts in 6 games .... Dilshan, if I am not wrong, was more consistent throughout the tourney

I guess a MoS is decided based on how consistently you perform in a tourney esp in the grp stages

GDR

I'm part Pakistani, so i'm absolutely delighted for the guys that they won. I'm so pleased Afridi finally came good for us when he did. They totally deserve it after all Pakistani cricket & the people of Pakistan have gone through in recent times. It'll put a big smile on their faces.

Congrats to Sri Lanka for giving it a good go. They're a great side, and did well to put up a respectable target after their collapse at the start. Sangakara = amazing cricketer,

social

Congrats to the Pakistani team and the Pakistani people

YK - legend

Afridi - behave yourself and do justice to your talent because you're too good to be remembered as a pitch-dancing cheat

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Congratulations to Pakistan, thoroughly merited victory. Came good when it mattered most (South Africa and Sri Lanka take note). Seems a long time ago that people were seriously suggesting Holland might advance at their expense.