• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

Spark

Global Moderator
Graeme Smith @GraemeSmith49
Batted at 3 faced only 28 balls and changed the game.imagine if he batted at 5???

graeme smith getting his application for sky pundit in early then

MW1304

I have assessed this performance and come to the conclusion that England aren't very good still.

MW1304

Seriously though, you deserve this kind of **** when you continue to make one of the most blindingly shocking selection howlers of all time. I mean we'd be conceding like 186 instead of 196 but still.

Pup Clarke

Surely Broad would of thought Dernbach + dew = absolute carnage? I know he's his skipper and obviously has ample faith in him (god knows why), and probably thinks he's the love child of Waqar and Wasim, but c'mon. It's a joke selection (but hilarious for us non-England fans to watch)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Punter speaks very well on the game, tbf.

He's freakshow short tho. He's supposedly, what, 5' 10"? Trescothick towering above him.

grecian

I kind of think we've got a chance here, Even thinking of backing them. Ball is really going to be bad for the bowlers, and fielders finding it hard to pick it up. Obviously though we're going to need a couple of special innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hales starting against spin is just cringe.

EDIT: Although that was better.

2nd EDIT: WTF do I know?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I always considered Healy to be the worst comm out there.

However, Danny Morrison has made me revise this. Just uber bad. Makes Nick Knight sound like the bastard child of John Arlott and Richie.

Pup Clarke

The eagle eyed of you (well, just Grecian) would of noticed Moeen sipping on a Red Bull. Moeen's going to be buzzing when he's out there.