• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Johnners

:( look like they don't gaf.

Awesome from the 'roos earlier, that Cahill goal :wub:

Shame for Ryan, should've done so much better on the 1st & 3rd goals I thought.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Can casual viewers stop acting so shocked when Casillas makes a howler?
Nah come on. It's definitely worthy of shock. He's had an absolute mare for 4 borderline 5 goals in 1 and a half games. Probably one of the worst world cup performances ever and he's captain of the champions.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He's conceded literally hundreds of goals where he's made a save and palmed it back into a dangerous area when he could quite easily have tipped it wide.

In terms of reflexes and being a shot blocker he has no equal. But that doesn't make a good keeper.

Lol, and just as I type he does that...
C'd

MW1304

Nah come on. It's definitely worthy of shock. He's had an absolute mare for 4 borderline 5 goals in 1 and a half games. Probably one of the worst world cup performances ever and he's captain of the champions.
He's been mistake prone for years now, and getting worse, it just isn't particularly surprising to see these individual incidents.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't get why Spain have persisted with an out of sorts Costa and ****e Torres when Fabregas worked so well in the Euros.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why are they still trying to string together a dozen passes on the edge of the box when they're two on three? Have a crack ffs

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So how many casualties do we think will come of this for Spain. Torres/Casillas/Xavi?
It's an odd one because most of the squad are still really good. Think their personal are mostly fine they just need a bit of a revival in style. Maybe get more people like Isco in who can run at defenders.

Pothas

So how many casualties do we think will come of this for Spain. Torres/Casillas/Xavi?
It is going to be very interesting to see. The three you mention and Xabi Alonso all likely candidates, expect a couple of them to retire from international football.

I think Del Bosque extended his contract before the tournament but I can't really see him staying on.