• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - India v Australia (27th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cric123

To be fair, I think Zampa wouldn't have made any difference. Indian batsmen are better against spin than pace. Australia lost this match. If you only get to 160 after being 53-0 off just four overs, it suggests Australia batted poorly. Faulkner is becoming so predictable with his slower deliveries. Slow deliveries are supposed to be the surprise, you don't ball them every ball for heaven's sake, because if you do then it's actually easier to hit than regular paced deliveries. Batsmen are already anticipating slow deliveries so there is no risk of them being beaten for pace. Should have just bowled straight as possible at good lace like Watson because it would then have required the Indians to hit straight for four. Any width and the fours were easy to the vacant spaces to the side boundary on either side. How can the Aussies not defend 12 runs an over off the last three or four overs? It's time Aussies started taking T20s seriously.

hendrix

To be fair, I think Zampa wouldn't have made any difference. Indian batsmen are better against spin than pace. Australia lost this match. If you only get to 160 after being 53-0 off just four overs, it suggests Australia batted poorly. Faulkner is becoming so predictable with his slower deliveries. Slow deliveries are supposed to be the surprise, you don't ball them every ball for heaven's sake, because if you do then it's actually easier to hit than regular paced deliveries. Batsmen are already anticipating slow deliveries so there is no risk of them being beaten for pace. Should have just bowled straight as possible at good lace like Watson because it would then have required the Indians to hit straight for four. Any width and the fours were easy to the vacant spaces to the side boundary on either side. How can the Aussies not defend 12 runs an over off the last three or four overs? It's time Aussies started taking T20s seriously.
It's really, really hard to hit/time slow deliveries on a pitch like this.

Also, I don't agree that India are better against spin than pace in this format. Particularly not Kohli.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Twatto tried to hard to lengthen his career, he was so so good with the ball (and the field).

Teja.

Global Moderator
One of those innings when everyone around me was discussing if the Kohli innings was an ATG innings as it was being played as opposed to after the result. The scorecard makes it look fantastic but you had to watch to know just how ****ing good it was.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of those innings when everyone around me was discussing if the Kohli innings was an ATG innings as it was being played as opposed to after the result. The scorecard makes it look fantastic but you had to watch to know just how ****ing good it was.
Speaking to my mate who I watched it with, the main thing that makes it great is within the space of 6-8 balls he made the match completely in Australia's favour to well and truly in India's favour. It was not as if the game was even and then he won it, or that he slowly pulled it back from Australia. He just flicked into God mode and ended the match in an over and a half.

Truly astounding. Bow to the King.

SkyBlue

What an innings man.Best T20 innings i've ever seen while chasing a total in a high pressure game.

Once again he needs to bail out the top order.This is getting really annoying.Dhawan and Raina getting exposed by the shot ball again and Sharma,well if there was any bigger big game flop,look no further than Rohit.Atrocious player in knockout games.

Burner

This was absolutely ridiculous from Kohli. Half way through India's batting I would never have predicted an India win. And to think that he had Yuvraj working against him at the other end.

Yuvraj should have retired with that injury imo. It doesn't look bad on the scoreboard but he really did ruin the rhythm. Not being able to run doubles at that position is game-breaking.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What an innings man.Best T20 innings i've ever seen while chasing a total in a high pressure game.

Once again he needs to bail out the top order.This is getting really annoying.Dhawan and Raina getting exposed by the shot ball again and Sharma,well if there was any bigger big game flop,look no further than Rohit.Atrocious player in knockout games.
Other than the 2015 WC quarter final when the other bats around him were pood and we almost lost to Bangladesh.

Rohit is alright, though his shot was woeful tonight. Shikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar and chubba wubba Raina need to lift.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Speaking to my mate who I watched it with, the main thing that makes it great is within the space of 6-8 balls he made the match completely in Australia's favour to well and truly in India's favour. It was not as if the game was even and then he won it, or that he slowly pulled it back from Australia. He just flicked into God mode and ended the match in an over and a half.

Truly astounding. Bow to the King.

Jesus christ man that picture.

It's good Kohli is who he is because a lesser man would never get away with constantly looking like the crown prince of doucheville.

harsh.ag

Australia's mistakes

Not picking Hastings
Not bowling Zampa more

India's mistakes

Not bowling Ashwin and Jadeja ahead of Pandya
Not taking Yuvi off the field when he was injured. Could have come back later if needed.
Continuing to pick both Yuvi and Pandya. Pick one. Take Rahane or some other batsman.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jesus christ man that picture.

It's good Kohli is who he is because a lesser man would never get away with constantly looking like the crown prince of doucheville.
Got plenty more delicious pics saved on my desktop. Will drop them here when he wins the semi final and final from hopeless situations as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia's mistakes

Not picking Hastings
Not bowling Zampa more

India's mistakes

Not bowling Ashwin and Jadeja ahead of Pandya
Not taking Yuvi off the field when he was injured. Could have come back later if needed.
Continuing to pick both Yuvi and Pandya. Pick one. Take Rahane or some other batsman.
Yuvi saved the day with the ball after Ashwin panicked and bowled like a bitch after being hit by Finch in the powerplay. Yuvi must play on these tracks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slater would have at least pretended like he gave a **** when Afghanistan won today and pretended to be excited.

Pollock acted like it was just another game, and that he wanted to get back to his Twitter account and tell us about the weather.

Get the mic off him.