• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - India v Australia (27th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyBlue

Well obviously Pollock's dire but atleast he doesnt sound like a cocky bum thinking he's on Channel 9 or something.This is an ICC event for god's sake.And those silly little giggles in the background are so cringeworthy.

Really i wish the commentary panel was a bit more like football.Get the best commentators in the game,the ones that you always want to listen to like Mark Nicholas,HD Ackerman,Harsha Bhogle,Alan Wilkins etc over accomplished cricketers.(glad they got julian in tho).There's always this craving to have big names in the commentary box.I really hope they arent getting Warne to commentate in the semis.Would be disastrous.

Blakey

Well obviously Pollock's dire but atleast he doesnt sound like a cocky bum thinking he's on Channel 9 or something.This is an ICC event for god's sake.And those silly little giggles in the background are so cringeworthy.

Really i wish the commentary panel was a bit more like football.Get the best commentators in the game,the ones that you always want to listen to like Mark Nicholas,HD Ackerman,Harsha Bhogle,Alan Wilkins etc over accomplished cricketers.(glad they got julian in tho).There's always this craving to have big names in the commentary box.I really hope they arent getting Warne to commentate in the semis.Would be disastrous.
Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure this guy has an aussie accent - he puts on a British one to give an air of class and culture to the comm box. I cringe whenever I hear this joker.

91Jmay

Yeah, there wasn't a six hit today that would have been out in Aus aside from perhaps Finch's 2nd one off Ashwin. All big blows.

honestbharani

Yuvi saved the day with the ball after Ashwin panicked and bowled like a bitch after being hit by Finch in the powerplay. Yuvi must play on these tracks.

Yeah.. its really in his head against right handers isn't it? People keep talking about his record against Australia but it is no co-incidence that they have the least left handers in the batting order in world cricket.

hendrix

Harsha Bhogle is insufferably bad. Actually most of those guys you mentioned are not good.

Mark Nicholas is ok so long as neither Australia or India are playing.

Goughy

Came in here to comment that a wonderful knock at the end was ruined for me by the god awful commentary of Slater and Gavaskar. I see that I am late to that party.

weldone

Losers have my permission to go home now to meet the left-handed bowler who recently retired after being hit to all parts of different Australian grounds by Kohli and co.

Gnske

Was there a single person alive who thought Smith setting India a target when Kohli exists was a good idea?

Burgey

Losers have my permission to go home now to meet the left-handed bowler who recently retired after being hit to all parts of different Australian grounds by Kohli and co in India's series loss
EFA

Am sorry I missed this game but the time zone ****ed me over. Doesn't surprise me India chased that down pretty comfortably in the end. Kohli again, a wonderful player in all forms these days. Not sure why Australia batted first tbh.

Looking at the scorecard, Warner rounded out a bloody ordinary tourney in appropriate style.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
have to say Khwaja has been a freak this tournament. Seems to have been batting on a different plane to everybody else bar kohli

Burgey

Speaking to my mate who I watched it with, the main thing that makes it great is within the space of 6-8 balls he made the match completely in Australia's favour to well and truly in India's favour. It was not as if the game was even and then he won it, or that he slowly pulled it back from Australia. He just flicked into God mode and ended the match in an over and a half.

Truly astounding. Bow to the King.

Lies. You have no mates

SkyBlue

have to say Khwaja has been a freak this tournament. Seems to have been batting on a different plane to everybody else bar kohli
Nothing 'freak-ish' about him.Pretty much same level of performances as Sharjeel for example.Can see him being dropped from the opening slot soon to make way for Warner.
Came in with a lot of hype but really, only done something of note in the BD game.