• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Bhogle on Fox saying apparently they’re making a movie in India about the 1983 World Cup win. That’ll dominate the 2021 Oscars.

zorax

likes this
That is a silly reason to not use your best bowler properly though. Its like the time I argued that Sachin should bat at 4 for India in ODIs coz Sehwag and Ganguly are best as openers and struggle in the middle order. You can't neuter your best weapon to help your next best.
I thought you copped a 1 week ban?

stephen

Exactly why umpire's call shouldn't be a thing in drs. Or ****ing soft signals for that matter.
Absolutely. I hate umpires call. It should be out or not out. Which would have made that one out regardless of who reviewed.

I guess the main point I'm making is that in times past the umpires would probably not have given that one because there would be plenty to doubt. With DRS they give it and let the batsman review it. It's not the only time it has happened and it happens to all sides. But every time I see the ball clipping the stumps like that and it being given it gives me the shits because there are just as many not given, reviewed and are just clipping and get turned down.

Burgey

Jadeja bowling last, into the rough on this deck, to this line up filled with lefties and has 1/60 odd at four per over. Best in the world.

He’s literally the only thing which is advancing Australia’s score.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
**** off pant. Two in a row. Maybe keep your trap shut and concentrate on keeping.

Edit: thick edge, probably a bit harsh.
Hands rise *so* early. You can see it on every replay that he’s up and his gloves are almost bail height before the ball bounces. Any deflection then means he’s got to halt the movement and reverse direction, which is infinitely harder than adjusting as you rise. It’s not much of a surprise that he’s barely getting gloves on them.