• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

they were absolutely fine until boult came back. then, yeah, they struggled, but there was no problem keeping up with rrr, which is the only thing that matters in a chase
The rr absolutely got out of hand. His innings required Jadeja to score a 70 ball hundred to win which he almost somehow pulled off. Dhoni doesn't deserve credit for sticking in there like a ****ing tailender. Hes a batsman ffs, you expect him to score at a SR better than 55, which is where it hovered for virtually the entirety of his knock.

Last edited:

CM Punk

Let's hope England can win tomorrow and give us the NZ v Eng final all real cricket fans have been craving.
God no, Kiwis wont be able to live it down if England wins..

Don't want to be known as the team that lost to England in a Final and gave them their first WC win.

We'd do better against them than Aus, but man that defeat would suck even though we'd be underdogs for both games.

Moss

Well done NZ, this team at times has been the antithesis of the WC 2015 one and have often not made for pretty viewing. But to still make the final makes me happy with the consistency and inherent class. Make us proud in the final, KW and team!

Spark

Global Moderator
The rr absolutely got out of hand. His innings required Jadeja to score an 80 ball hundred to win which he almost somehow pulled off. Dhoni doesn't deserve credit for sticking in there like a ****ing tailender. Hes a batsman ffs, you expect him to score at a SR better than 55, which is where it hovered for virtually the entirety of his knock.
and yet jadeja did score a run a ball 80, which, given that dhoni was at the other hand, perhaps had an effect on how he played at the time

stephen

If Coward had have come in at 5 our 6 instead of 7, he could have stabilized the collapse and would have had a much better chance of batting India to victory. But he hid behind kids batting at 7. Not good enough from the senior player and chase expert. Should be punted for good after this performance.

Uppercut

he did that because the RRR was spiking because boult and henry had bowled one-and-a-half overs back to back, not because of dhoni's strike rate.

only RRR matters.
I don't agree that only RRR matters. If Neesham bowls the 49th and Boult the 50th, you want to be more aggressive in the 49th than you would if it were the other way round.

Zinzan

Jadeja played with as much skill, nerve & courage as I've witnessed in a losing cause under pressure in a big game. And I'm talking across team sports.

Flem274*

123/5
pretty chill about the final tbh. i don't expect to win, and this lot aren't as good as our 2015 side by any stretch, so really it's just funny when we inevitably win.

zorax

likes this
The rr absolutely got out of hand. His innings required Jadeja to score a 70 ball hundred to win which he almost somehow pulled off. Dhoni doesn't deserve credit for sticking in there like a ****ing tailender. Hes a batsman ffs, you expect him to score at a SR better than 55, which is where it hovered for virtually the entirety of his knock.
sticking around at a SR of 55 is more than anyone else in our lineup managed tbf

Wish he hadn't left balls and ambled singles though. Like, he deserves credit for being a foil to Jadeja, but failing to take any responsibility of the runchase himself, and as you said, relying on Jaddu to win it, was really poor from the most experienced batsman in the team.

It's not a good innings, but he deserves credit for hanging in there.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't agree that only RRR matters. If Neesham bowls the 49th and Boult the 50th, you want to be more aggressive in the 49th than you would if it were the other way round.
okay i'm simplifying but my point is that it's the partnership that counts as a single unit rather than individual strike rates

this has been a thing of mine ever since i joined cw tbf