• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Laurrz

1. L

What background are you?

So i was just wondering where are our original roots Well i was born here so im an Aussie first before anything but im actually Chinese/Cambodian... which is odd as we generally dont like cricket at all/or sport in general .. more at cars/games etc. lol
  2. L

Powerplay rule change

PowerPlay Overs (ODIs) The batting team will be permitted to choose when one of either the second or third PowerPlays takes place. It was also agreed that three fielders be permitted outside the field restriction areas during both the second and third PowerPlays. Previously the third fielder was...
  3. L

Bryce McGain - too old to play tests?

thoughts? should he be picked for the indian test series i think he should be in the squad - but Casson hasn't done anything wrong.. just one game on debut many have said that McGain's age means he can't play because he's not experienced enough and so we have no time for him as he is old
  4. L

So now what do you prefer? ODI's vs 2020s

So i feel we have watched enough of 2020s to have an opinion over which we prefer i am warming to 2020s a lot... although that may not be because of the format it self... but because of this exciting IPL tournament or big crowds... but yea
  5. L

Michael Clarke vs Ian Bell - who's better at spin?

thoughts? i know its pretty random.. but just liked to know what you guys think coz i think Pup is the better one.. but im not sure if thats my Aussie bias coming out .. because what ive seen v Murali and Kumble Pup has been superb at counter attacking them (vs India in 2004 and vs Lanka in 2007)
  6. L

Trescothick retires from international cricket

Marcus Trescothick, the England and Somerset batsman, has announced his retirement from international cricket. "I have tried on numerous occasions to make it back to the international stage and it has proved a lot more difficult than I expected," he told the Somerset website. "I want to extend...
  7. L

Champions Trophy Groups

apologies if there's a thread on this from cricinfo --- The groups for this September's Champions Trophy in Pakistan have been announced by the ICC, and India, Pakistan and Australia have been seeded together. Group A comprises of defending champion and top seed Australia along with India...
  8. L

The 4 pace idea - proven to be not good ?

with the overrate we saw Symo and Pup having to bowl 20 overs together and leaking 70 runs in that crucial period which could be the difference between the sides i dont think we're gonna see this tactic again.. that said Windies seem to do ok without a spinner?
  9. L

Ricky Ponting the new John Laws

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/punter-steps-into-lawsies-shoes/2007/10/27/1192941398219.html
  10. L

Tendulkar vs Ponting - who will win the battle of 100's?

Tendulkar* 137 tests 37 hundreds avg. 55.44 Lara 131 tests 34 hundreds avg. 52.89 Gavaskar 125 tests 34 hundreds avg. 51.12 Ponting 110 tests 33 hundreds avg. 59.29 ----------------------------- its going to be close (as of June 22) Tendulkars age: Current age 34 years 59 days Pontings...
  11. L

Hail Pidge

Great article :D http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/cricinfomagazine/content/current/story/297944.html written by Chopra.. who was a pretty good opener himself
  12. L

Lee, Clark..who should be our third fast bowler?

There are quite a few options I like Hilfy.. but is it too early to put him in with guys like Bracken? Tait? I dont think Johnson is ready yet at all.. but he'll be for the future Which would provide the best balance? Bracken would be good with his left arm swing, and especially for the...
  13. L

Smith injured

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/con...ory/291889.html one of the players who werent scarred in 1999.... and does well against Australia generally in ODI's.. guess Gibbs will open with ABDV
  14. L

Abdul Razzaq out of world cup

with those Windies grounds i think a lot of bowlers will be sighing a relief http://www.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/281742.html but thats sad for him
  15. L

West Indies pitch and conditions

The nature of the pitches in the West Indies is akin to those in the sub-continent, especially India, with their dry and brittle surfaces. ... In the present ICC Cricket World Cup, an important factor to be considered is that most of the match venues have re-laid, and therefore, totally new...