• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What background are you?

Laurrz

So i was just wondering where are our original roots

Well i was born here so im an Aussie first before anything
but im actually Chinese/Cambodian... which is odd as we generally dont like cricket at all/or sport in general .. more at cars/games etc. lol

Matteh

English, born in Germany, Dad born in Australia now English, Grandma English then Australian now English, Grandad English now Australian.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Great-grandparents on my mum's side are Irish. My Grandmother's maiden name is Cunningham and my Grandfathers name (and my mother's maiden name, obv) is Donohue.

So basically, I'm a Donohue.

ripper868

Grandad's old folks Irish, Grandma's oldies Scottish. A little bit of welsh somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly. grandaddy and mummy both born in Australia and there kids are my folks.

pasag

RTDAS
Father was born in Australia and his father and mother were born in Australia as well and I think their parents were born in Poland but all that's a bit hazy. All Russian on the mothers side.

James90

Sister got hold of the births-deaths-marriages database not long ago. Managed to trace roots in Queensland back to 1820 so I think I'm mostly convict.

Got some other English folk in there on my father's side and quite a bit of Danish blood on my mother's side.

DaRick

I'll do a religious extension on this, as well. Let's see:

- Father (Australian, non-baptised Anglican)
- Grandparents (Australian)
- Great-grandparents (English)

- Mother (Malaysian-born, devout Catholic)
- Grandparents (Malaysian, English on my grandma's side, Dutch on my great-grandfathers)
- Some Indian and Sri Lankan members are also present, although I am unsure as to what extent
- Given my Catholicism, the presence of Irish blood would not surprise me
- Alphonso (mother's maiden name) is a Spanish name

Last edited:

cpr

Dads English Protestant, as was his mother, though his father was an Irish Catholic

Mum was born here, spent a few years in Ireland though, both her parents are Irish, pretty much considers herself Irish (though she uses an English passport because of all the hassle the grandparents used to get using their Irish ones, even 3-4 years ago Grandma got stopped on the way into America due to some old visa issue)

Son Of Coco

German/English I think.

With that combination it's a wonder we ended up with any personality at all. I can only assume it worked on the -/- principle to equal a +.