• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Slow Love™

1. Slow Love™

State Prosecutor or Defense Attorney?

I was thinking about this the other day. Say you had the choice earning the same, great money either working as a prosecutor for the government trying to keep the streets safe, or taking on clients accused of criminal activity, and ensuring they have the best defence they're entitled. And...
  2. Slow Love™

Top 5 Movie Soundtracks

I was just listening to the Lost Highway soundtrack - I'd forgotten just how good it was, and how well the music suited the film. Particularly enjoyed Barry Adamson's stuff, as much as Badalamenti's, and of course, Bowie's "Deranged". Incidentally, that Rammstein track is probably the worst...
  3. Slow Love™

Signatures

Don't know if anybody else is affected by this, but I seem to be seeing everybody's signatures with every post they make, rather than the normal seeing it once per page. Is it just me, or is it something that crept in with a forum upgrade?
  4. Slow Love™

Australian flag not welcome at Sydney's Big Day Out

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/politicians-agree-in-festival-flag-row/2007/01/22/1169330830818.html LABOR leader Kevin Rudd has presented a united front with Prime Minister John Howard, condemning the organisers of the Big Day Out music festival for asking people not to bring the...
  5. Slow Love™

Caption: The Shoaib and Darryn Lifson

Akhtar, with the Pakistan physio - must offer some possibilities.
  6. Slow Love™

Guilty Pleasure Albums

Keeping in tone with the musical threads lately - what's the most embarrassing album(s) in your collection (be it CDs or other digital media ;)) that you actually still listen to and enjoy? So, not like that Manilow album your grandma bought you when you were 11. I'm rather partial to...
  7. Slow Love™

Kevin Pietersen facing investigation, sanctions for racism/corruption comments

Pietersen Caught in Racism Storm KP may find himself in a bit of hot water on two fronts - one for his repeated assertions that racism denied him a place at the top of South African cricket, and also his comments more recently that Hansie Cronje was a fallguy for the bookie scandal, where...
  8. Slow Love™

Favicon

Fairly minor issue here, but I use Firefox and often have quite a few tabs open. So I generally keep track of them via favicons in the tabs. Used to be there was a vbulletin icon for the forums, but I've noticed lately that it's gone. Any reason the main favicon for this site at...
  9. Slow Love™

For Australian viewers - "Madras Magic" on ABC next week

Just thought I'd mention this for anybody interested. I just caught an ad for a special on ABC next Tuesday at 9.20 for a doco on the infamous Tied Test in Madras in 1986. Various players interviewed, and some choice comments from Deano. My favorite: "I was urinating in my pants, and just...
  10. Slow Love™

The Australian politics thread

I thought this might be useful, 'cause we have a few state elections coming up in the not too distant future and it might be cool to have a thread to dig up should you have the odd observation to make about Aussie politics. The thread we had for the 2004 elections had some pretty good...
  11. Slow Love™

Happy Birthday Mister Wright

Going through a controversial period after being appointed part of the new CW regime, but an all-round nice guy, IMO, and one of my fave posters. Happy birthday Kyle, hope you have a great one. Stay away from that QLD beer.
  12. Slow Love™

Censor stuff and moderation

I wrote in a post yesterday about the niqab and burqa being a symbol of sex*al domination, and then I saw today that the word had been added to the filter. Is it just me, or has the moderation been a bit OTT just of late? Sincerely, sex*al is not a bad word. I understand that there has been...
  13. Slow Love™

Allan Border resigns as national selector in apparent sponsorship dispute

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/10/10/1160246130803.html TO MANY, a beer at the cricket is one of summer's simple pleasures. But in the case of Allan Border, a conflict between his personal beer sponsor and that of Cricket Australia appears to have been the driving force in his decision...
  14. Slow Love™

The Little League Ethics Challenge

Hopefully the baseball terminology here won't turn too many off, but I think a novice can understand the story here if they read carefully. Last month's tournament leading up to the Little League World Series included one game with an unusual series of events that set the stage for a...
  15. Slow Love™

Best avatar

My vote goes to Sanz's current avatar, with Greg Chappell as Hitler. Took me about ten minutes to figure out who it was though. Robertinho's animated pic of Burkey was a strangely compelling meditation on one man's metamorphosis. Worst: Brumby's "Robbie with bedroom eyes" - I'd say it's...