• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Red Hill

Toast

Shoring up votes from the subcontinental bloc for next year’s BOTM.
  2. Red Hill

What would be your topic on Mastermind or Hard Quiz?

What's your expert subject? I probably know a lot about music from the Pacific Northwest, particularly in the late 80s/90s. Grunge era music, and subculture.
  3. Red Hill

Classic Draft

Ok, who's up for a bit of a distraction at the moment? I'm gonna run a classic test draft with a few clauses: You cannot select more than TWO players from ANY of the following teams: Australia England West Indies South Africa India You must select at least ONE players from EACH of the...
  4. Red Hill

Interesting bits of cricket history/facts/stats/trivia that you find

A bit of light reading and cricket history has to be good for all of us at the moment! https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-duration-of-the-longest-cricket-match
  5. Red Hill

Glenn Maxwell in ODIs

I know there's another Maxwell thread on the front page, but this is a different topic, so bear with me. Why on earth isn't Maxwell playing as Aust's ODI spinning allrounder over Agar? Maxwell did the job for us thru the 2015 WC. Maxwell has very similar List A bowling numbers to Agar (esp...
  6. Red Hill

Let's say your nation reaches the final of the ICC test championship in June '21...

Predict the side you will play in that match. Obviously just a variation on a predictor thread, but let's see who gets close: For mine, Australia: Warner Renshaw Labuschagne Smith Patterson Head Paine + * Cummins Starc Hazelwood Lyon Basically Renshaw to come in for Burns, and Patterson for...
  7. Red Hill

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread (white ball edition)

There we go guys, do as thou wilt. (Could a mod put "test edition" on the real thread?)
  8. Red Hill

Merry Xmas 2019 Cricketweb

Merry Xmas guys! In spite of my incessant arguing over mythical XIs from past days, I really enjoy this site and think you're all thoroughly decent people (although a few have appalling opinions on Andrew Symonds, Gilly, Keith Miller, Glenn McGrath and a few others). I enjoy being a part of...
  9. Red Hill

The best pure wicketkeeper of all time

Discussion around the best pure wicketkeeper of all time, disregarding batting ability altogether. Throw some names and rationale around.
  10. Red Hill

An open apology to Marnus Labuschagne

Dear Marnus When you first got selected in the test team, I couldn't fathom why as I didn't think your first class record deserved it and I thought you were getting gifted tests for no reason. Turns out you're probably our best mortal batman at this time. Well done. I will always spell your...
  11. Red Hill

Concussion substitutes and statistical records

The concussion sub is a smart move and Labuschagne being able to bat instead of Smith risking his health for the sake of the team obviously makes sense. Just curious about statistical records. Labuschagne's cricinfo profile now shows the Lords test as his last played. It creates a new...
  12. Red Hill

Australian test selection 2019-2020

Time for this I guess. This could be moved into CC after the Ashes maybe. Don't think I can remember a time when so many spots were questionable/up for grabs/no idea who the selectors will pick. What I'd like to see (assuming Khawaja is fit): Khawaja Warner Smith Patterson Pukovski Wade...
  13. Red Hill

Cricketweb decides- England's all time ODI XI

I'll run a few of these over the next few weeks, as we farewell a good World Cup. These will be based on overall ODI records, not just WC records. First, we will select two opening/pace bowlers. Pick the two bowlers who would open the bowling in an Eng ATG ODI XI.
  14. Red Hill

Super over stats

I'm guessing these aren't officially recorded anywhere, which is another reason why this system is incredibly flawed.
  15. Red Hill

The mankad- what's the problem?

I for one have never been able to understand why mankadding someone is considered against the "spirit of the game". The batsman is out of his crease and is trying to gain an advantage. What's with the "gentlemanly" warning? Where did the whole thing come from historically? I mean, if a keeper...
  16. Red Hill

Cricketer connections

Now I've no idea if this thread will work or not, but basically the idea is that you connect the cricketer you've posted to the cricketer previously posted with an interesting bit of trivia or a story, or at very least a "played together/with" connection. Eg And so on... So to kick it...
  17. Red Hill

Predict the XIs for the first Ashes test.

Exact winner gets all the glory. Warner Burns Khawaja Smith Head Patterson Paine *+ Cummins Starc Lyon Hazelwood
  18. Red Hill

ODI ATG XIs

I'm sure we've done this before, but with the WC just around the corner it might be fun to come up with some ATG ODI XIs for each nation. Post what you think each nation's XI is and at the end we'll see if some sort of consensus can be had. Australia Gilchrist Watson Ponting M.Waugh Jones...
  19. Red Hill

Test and FC cricketers who are related

I'm sure there are plenty. My interest was roused when I saw that on Mahendra Nagamootoo's cricinfo, it lists both Rohan Kanhai and Al Kallicharan as his uncles. Kanhai and Kallicharan are not listed as being related so I assume Nagamootoo has test cricketers on both sides of his immediate...
  20. Red Hill

Australian test selection 2018/19

Squad to face Pakistan Australia squad: Tim Paine (capt, wk), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc Out: Joe Burns, Glenn...