• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - Australia v England

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 2nd Match of the World Cup between Australia and England.

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
This whole WC is just going to be a 2 month long ODI series between NZ and SL isn't it?

Spikey

Question

I'm gonna pay up for foxtel play (Foxtel Play: Watch Over the Internet on PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Sam...) for the WC but I wanna make sure I only pay 50 bucks in total. So my plan is to:

- start the 14 day free trail thing on the 14th (or maybe the 15th. I'm working on the 14th so I'll probably miss the NZ game)
- pay the 50 bucks for a month's foxtel play after that expires. (so the 1st of March probably)
- Cancel it as soon as the final is over on the 29th of March, which means I shouldn't get charged for the next month's subscription right?

This should work alright, right? There's not a cheaper option out there is there? (poor quality internet streams need not apply)

Gilly Fan

85,000 tickets already sold for the game. I wonder if we'll see the World Record broken again? Have tickets in Bay 13, so should be a great atmosphere!

Adders

Question

I'm gonna pay up for foxtel play (Foxtel Play: Watch Over the Internet on PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Sam...) for the WC but I wanna make sure I only pay 50 bucks in total. So my plan is to:

- start the 14 day free trail thing on the 14th (or maybe the 15th. I'm working on the 14th so I'll probably miss the NZ game)
- pay the 50 bucks for a month's foxtel play after that expires. (so the 1st of March probably)
- Cancel it as soon as the final is over on the 29th of March, which means I shouldn't get charged for the next month's subscription right?

This should work alright, right? There's not a cheaper option out there is there? (poor quality internet streams need not apply)
I've got no idea, but I would be interested in this scenario too if it is viable.. Anyone got an answer for Spikey (and me)?

duffer

Question

Channel Nein?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't you have to sign up to a contract spikeymikeymoo?

Would never work with signing up to sky/virgin here

Anyway. England to win by an innings.

Spikey

Nah, it's like the WWE network! Cancel anytime! I think so anyway. Asking the question in case there's a catch missing.

If I was to get home installation, they'd be a contract and that sort of stuff, but with the over-the-internet option it's fine. Not really sure why Foxtel actually offer this option though . Seems....progressive? I know a heap of people can't actually get Foxtel in their home, maybe there was pressure to offer an internet solution

brockley

They're only showing ten matches in total. Heh, insane for a home Cup.

Makes sense Rugby league starts in 2 weeks,and that would get viewers over non Australian games.If you want to watch the world cup you need foxtel no option.Rugby League and AFL season now February to October.

Niall

Ideal scenario England post 350, and Australia score a wretched 150 in response. Bookies then push Australia out to an acceptable price to win the world cup. 2/1? No thanks.

Wouldn't mind Australia hammering England either, so the same can happen with the England price, patriotic British money making them to short.

Is their any way both side can get trashed?:laugh:

Riggins

Question

Pretty sure you should be able to cancel it as soon as the payment has gone through. You should still get the month you paid for and you dont run the risk of them taking 2 or 3 days to process the cancelling and getting charged for the second month in the meantime.

Spikey

I was under the impression as soon as I requested it to be cancelled, I'd stop having access to it

clarke isnt playing here for some reason

Riggins

It says you can cancel any time and the service will be disconnected at the end of the current subscription period, so I think you're fine there.

I would start it on the 15th though, it seems to go by calendar month but the wording is pretty vague. If you start on the 14th then you could run the risk of the month you actually pay for being the 28th Feb - 28th March which obviously isn't ideal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Question

get a job

Spikey

I've got a job. That's why I can afford the WWE network and you can't

Thanks for the tips Riggins