• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A lot of people don't know this but

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I tried Balot while in the Philippines

Would not recommend. At least not the one I got. I hear the quality varies.
I haven’t been to the Philippines but I’ve had that in New York and a few other places in the States and it has always been delicious.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Crispy Pata was my favourite.

A lot of local food was off limits for me given my hatred of seafood

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Probably for the best, the attempts at English cuisine in the Philippines were suboptimal.
I make fun of English cuisine but arguably the best meal I've ever had was English at Dinner by Charles Blumenthal. And rules was great too, in a very different way (e.g everyone except me and my wife were old English ladies). I think between Dinner, rules, and sketch tea room - I've never had better food than when I was in London.

Best part was meeting sledger obvs. But the food was the second best thing.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I make fun of English cuisine but arguably the best meal I've ever had was English at Dinner by Charles Blumenthal. And rules was great too, in a very different way (e.g everyone except me and my wife were old English ladies). I think between Dinner, rules, and sketch tea room - I've never had better food than when I was in London.

Best part was meeting sledger obvs. But the food was the second best thing.
What was said meal?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Each course was from a different period in English history - you can see in the menu the year the dish was originally from. They had an eight course option with wine pairings (which were very generous pours, I think cause they knew we were on our honeymoon), it took like three hours and we got way drunk. It was wonderful. We also made an apparent faux pas during the meal, so that was great. And the explanation of each course was wonderful too. This was 3 years ago almost, so I'm sure the menu has changed but I highly recommend.

The menu pictured had some of the dishes that we got but not all of them. Here are some pictures.

IMG_1580.JPGIMG_1582.JPGIMG_1583.JPGIMG_1584.JPGIMG_1585.JPGIMG_1587.JPGIMG_1588.JPGIMG_1589.JPG
IMG_1579.JPG

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My wife went to the restroom and the attendant was like “How was the meat fruit? We heard you ordered it AFTER the main course?” we were like sorry..didn’t realize that was a big deal....it just looked good....:-O:-O:unsure:

Also we just spent $600 for lunch, and we are more than slightly inebriated- so just give us what we want damn it. :laugh:

But it was more funny than anything and everyone was nice, and obviously the meal was of the absolute highest quality. I would definitely recommend.

Last edited: