• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A suggestion about threads

jot1

Over time there have been various mentions of duplicate threads. I wonder if it would be practical with a thread like Formula 1 to post in the same thread for the whole season, instead of starting a new thread for each race? Other threads come to mind too, like tennis, cricket (the whole series instead of a thread for each match,) etc. I know I would prefer to read about a race, the results of the competition and comments about the race, then go on to the next race without having to quit the thread. Are there other folk here who feel the same or would it be impractical? :)

Smudge

Personally, I think it's nothing to get too worried about. The moderators seem to close most threads they feel are unnecessary or duplicates.

In CC, I suppose they keep a tighter rein - restricting tour talk to one thread, but I don't mind sifting through various threads for what I want to read. I guess it depends how much time you have to search through.

But that's just my take on it.

SJS

Voltman said:
Personally, I think it's nothing to get too worried about. The moderators seem to close most threads they feel are unnecessary or duplicates.

In CC, I suppose they keep a tighter rein - restricting tour talk to one thread, but I don't mind sifting through various threads for what I want to read. I guess it depends how much time you have to search through.

But that's just my take on it.
It would be good if sifting though threads was made more user friendly. Today it is impossibly cumbersome.

Deja moo

SJS said:
It would be good if sifting though threads was made more user friendly. Today it is impossibly cumbersome.
:-O It doesnt get more user friendly than it already is

SJS

Deja moo said:
:-O It doesnt get more user friendly than it already is
If I am wanting to post something and dont want to start a new thread if one already exists, whats the fastest way to look for old, similar threads ?

Agent TBY

SJS said:
If I am wanting to post something and dont want to start a new thread if one already exists, whats the fastest way to look for old, similar threads ?
Search the forum for them...

Deja moo

SJS said:
Thats a limitation of the search function, I guess.

andyc

I think itd be easier if you could search specifically for thread titles, which (as far as I know) you cant

biased indian

jot1 said:
Over time there have been various mentions of duplicate threads. I wonder if it would be practical with a thread like Formula 1 to post in the same thread for the whole season, instead of starting a new thread for each race? Other threads come to mind too, like tennis, cricket (the whole series instead of a thread for each match,) etc. I know I would prefer to read about a race, the results of the competition and comments about the race, then go on to the next race without having to quit the thread. Are there other folk here who feel the same or would it be impractical? :)
i assume u r reffering to the prediction thread of F1 as i dont see any other race related threads other than this.

the reason i am sarting a new thread is for the benifit of users to find the question easly if i where to continue with the same thread the questions some times might be the last one on a page and some might miss it :)

and since i have the race name in the thread title every one will know that it is on a latest race

Deja moo

andyc said:
I think itd be easier if you could search specifically for thread titles, which (as far as I know) you cant
actually you can. But it involves inputting the exact parameters into the search menu fields....very cumbersome.

PY

SJS said:
Is the 'Similar Threads' part at the bottom of the screen no good for anyone? :huh:

andyc

PY said:
Is the 'Similar Threads' part at the bottom of the screen no good for anyone? :huh:
but thats only useful once you've started the new thread. its a lot harder to search specifically for threads to find out whether or not someone has created one like it beforehand

PY

If there's one similar, then delete yours. ;)

Granted, it's still a pain in the buttocks but such is life (no dirt comments Voltman, BoyBrumby, Benchmark, andyc, KennyD etc etc :p)

andyc

PY said:

Granted, it's still a pain in the buttocks but such is life (no dirt comments Voltman, BoyBrumby, Benchmark, andyc, KennyD etc etc :p)
ohhh.... :sadwalk:

Smudge

PY said:

You're no fun. :p

benchmark00

PY said:

I bet it....*reads brackets* Raspberries!

jot1

biased indian said:
i assume u r reffering to the prediction thread of F1 as i dont see any other race related threads other than this.

the reason i am sarting a new thread is for the benifit of users to find the question easly if i where to continue with the same thread the questions some times might be the last one on a page and some might miss it :)

and since i have the race name in the thread title every one will know that it is on a latest race
For me it would be quicker reading everyone's comments of the race just driven, check my points and standing, then answering the next question in one go, instead of having to change threads. But that's just me as I can't stay in the forums for very long. I try to read as many threads as possible. Doesn't leave much time for posting, though. :)