• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Pub Quiz

Dan

Global Moderator
Yeah, I statsguru'd a question before reading the next post. Didn't submit the answer I was going to use and had misread the question anyway.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ashes Pub Quiz - Team Challenge

This event is a team event, and will consist of 5 different trivia questions across the 5 days of the Test. 1 point is available for winning each day's challenge.

How it works

Example question: Name a player who played in the 2010 Brisbane Test

Each team has to name as many of the 22 players that played at Brisbane last time out. The catch here is that each player in the team must email me a maximum of 5 players for their answer, and it is the team's combined answerd which count.

So let's say Howe and GIMH email me. Howe names Anderson, Broad, Finn, Cook and Trott, while GIMH names Anderson, Cook, Strauss, Trott and Bell. Between them, they have named 7, so England's score will be 7. Burgey amd andyc email me from the Australian side, and between them name 8 players. Australia would win the challenge and the point for day 1.

While I can't exactly police this, I would ask that there is no googling and no conferring.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Team Challenge - day 1

Name a player who has scored a century in an Ashes Test played at the Gabba.

Teams have until the close of play on day 1 to submit answers.
Each player may submit no more than 5 answers.

Goughy

Bugger, I'm not going to be able to send my answers before start of play. Apologies. I will stand down.

Adders

Not sure if I'm being dim here.......but are you running 2 comps now, an individual and team event? Where those first lot of questions for the individual??

Anyway, just emailed my answer to this one.........And no Googling/Stats Guru guys!!!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not sure if I'm being dim here.......but are you running 2 comps now, an individual and team event? Where those first lot of questions for the individual??

Anyway, just emailed my answer to this one.........And no Googling/Stats Guru guys!!!
The entire thing is a team event but some of the stuff will count for an individual event as well. Black sheep counts for both, the team challenge does not.

Adders

Excellent.....great work FB.

Will there by daily updates on scores with peoples answers revealed?