• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barbarians XI (players not in the World Cup)

CricAddict

1. J Ryder
2. R Uthappa
3. S Marsh
4. K Pietersen
5. F Alam
6. D Bravo
7. B Stokes
8. R McLaren
9. R Harris
10. M Henry
11. A Mishra
Yes, I too would put Uthappa instead of Vijay. He is in supreme form for the past year and a half. Very unlucky to miss out from the squad. Not a fan of Mishra though.

Julian87

1. Jesse Ryder
2. Dwayne Bravo
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Tom Cooper
5. Shiv Chanderpaul
6. BJ Watling
7. Ben Stokes
8. Robin Peterson
9. Ryan Harris
10. Clint McKay
11. Lonwabo Tsotsobe

The spinner is the hardest pick there for mine, because I won't pick someone who's been done for an illegal delivery. Chose the bit part Peterson, but there's probably a better option somewhere.

Edit; a keeper would help.

Last edited:

Contra

I'd still have Yuvraj in there somewhere. Still feel he's good enough for the top level, maybe not as consistent but eh.

zorax

likes this
Lyon, Henry, Harris, Uthappa, Neesham, Abdur Rehman, Fawad Alam, Stokes, and Bravo/Pollard come to mind as players fit and good enough to play in this WC yet have missed out on selection for various reasons.

Quite a few decent Associate players missing too on account of their sides not qualifying.

Perhaps I'll go by each country's squad and try to list out good players who have missed out, + the best of the Associates who aren't around, and we could probably form two decent playing XIs out of that list.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lyon, Henry, Harris, Uthappa, Neesham, Abdur Rehman, Fawad Alam, Stokes, and Bravo/Pollard come to mind as players fit and good enough to play in this WC yet have missed out on selection for various reasons.

Quite a few decent Associate players missing too on account of their sides not qualifying.

Perhaps I'll go by each country's squad and try to list out good players who have missed out, + the best of the Associates who aren't around, and we could probably form two decent playing XIs out of that list.
Pethaps you will Zorax, perhaps you will.