• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsmen Impact Per Series

vcs

Interesting results. I thought Tendulkar would have the lowest standard deviation (he was generally always good for a century every series) but I expected Kallis and Sangakkara to be ahead overall because they had a few series where they completely dominated.

Bolo

Interesting results. I thought Tendulkar would have the lowest standard deviation (he was generally always good for a century every series) but I expected Kallis and Sangakkara to be ahead overall because they had a few series where they completely dominated.
This is exactly opposite to the logic I took for Sanga. I figured he dominated so many series that he must have had a lot of really poor ones, and these would count against him more because of the scoring system using negative points. And here we are with him smack in the middle.

I thought Kallis was more consistent, without that many dominant series.

vcs

Sanga didn't have many poor series, his career average is around 56-57 I think (a poor series for him might have been one where he averaged late 20s-early 30s). The issue with him more is the lack of long series and not enough overseas Tests compared to Sachin/Lara etc. (not his fault obviously but there you go).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So the top 20 leading runscorers are now ranked.

2.2121 - SR TENDULKAR
2.0571 - BC LARA
2.0000 - AB DE VILLIERS
1.9487 - AR BORDER
1.9318 - YOUNIS KHAN
1.9286 - R DRAVID
1.9259 - KC SANGAKKARA
1.8983 - JH KALLIS
1.8333 - INZAMAM-UL-HAQ
1.7742 - SM GAVASKAR
1.7193 - S CHANDERPAUL
1.7069 - DPMD JAYAWARDENE
1.6981 - RT PONTING
1.6579 - JAVED MIANDAD
1.6170 - SR WAUGH
1.5581 - GC SMITH
1.4884 - HM AMLA
1.4681 - AN COOK
1.3333 - GA GOOCH
1.3256 - VVS LAXMAN

Kind of fitting/annoying that de Villiers and Border are right near each other.

jimmy101

AB. LEGEND. Not as flashy is the others but he did what he did against the best of the best while carrying a nation on his shoulders.
Lara. Legend. Much flashier than the others and he did what he did against the best of the best while carrying multiple nations on his shoulders.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Congratulations for your effort. Can you do the same for modern fab 4?
Sure.

2.2500 - SPD SMITH
1.9524 - V KOHLI
1.9524 - J ROOT
1.7143 - KS WILLIAMSON

So Virat and Root have the exact same record so far which is probably very surprising.

Smith has the best record so far. To put into context, he'd fall behind Sachin if he averages under 40 next series.

vcs

Surprising that one series would make such a big difference, seems like a considerable gap between 2.25 and 1.95.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surprising that one series would make such a big difference, seems like a considerable gap between 2.25 and 1.95.
Nah, I said Sachin (2.2121) not Virat.

I said Sachin as currently Smith has a higher impact rating over any of the top 20.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
now do voges

However Im not sure 7 series is enough. I kind of want to give a reduced rating for bats who played under 10 series (especially from this era)which would give him a rating of exactly 1.0000

Do Bradman.

Is a bowler version of this possible?
Yes it is possible, might take a look later but definitely think DoGs bowling list is worth finishing first.

Thanks. One last request for these players.
Sehwag, Hayden, Miachel clarke, Pujara and Warner
No worries. Ive already worked out the first 3 but dont have the data on me. ill do the 2 current players tonight.

Burgey

Lol at Bradman’s number. Bloke is just an outlier by every ****ing possible metric.

Good exercise this N00fers. Cheers for taking the time to do it.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
So the top 20 leading runscorers are now ranked.

2.2121 - SR TENDULKAR
2.0571 - BC LARA
2.0000 - AB DE VILLIERS
1.9487 - AR BORDER
1.9318 - YOUNIS KHAN
1.9286 - R DRAVID
1.9259 - KC SANGAKKARA
1.8983 - JH KALLIS
1.8333 - INZAMAM-UL-HAQ
1.7742 - SM GAVASKAR
1.7193 - S CHANDERPAUL
1.7069 - DPMD JAYAWARDENE
1.6981 - RT PONTING
1.6579 - JAVED MIANDAD
1.6170 - SR WAUGH
1.5581 - GC SMITH
1.4884 - HM AMLA
1.4681 - AN COOK
1.3333 - GA GOOCH
1.3256 - VVS LAXMAN

Kind of fitting/annoying that de Villiers and Border are right near each other.
Great to see younis break the top 5. Perenially under rated.

Surprised to see Tendulkar top the ratings on a series impact basis too. Would have thought Lara/Sanga would come out on top in such a metric