• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Over Ever

G.I.Joe

Dat swing. Best first over of a Test match ever, IMO. IIRC, it was also the hat-trick of greatest "worth" going by the cumulative averages of the three batsmen involved.

for reasons unknown, the match was called off after the first session of play.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

1st ball: dot
2nd ball: Ponting b Shoaib
3rd ball: M Waugh b Shoaib
4th ball: S Waugh on strike, barely survives the hattrick delivery
5th ball: S Waugh lbw b Shoaib
6th ball: dot

G.I.Joe

1st ball: dot
2nd ball: Ponting b Shoaib
3rd ball: M Waugh b Shoaib
4th ball: S Waugh on strike, barely survives the hattrick delivery
5th ball: S Waugh lbw b Shoaib
6th ball: dot

Has there ever been a greater instance of a crap team completely balancing out the massive advantage of possessing an irresistible force of nature in their ranks?

*ignores post#22*

flibbertyjibber

Dat swing. Best first over of a Test match ever, IMO. IIRC, it was also the hat-trick of greatest "worth" going by the cumulative averages of the three batsmen involved.

for reasons unknown, the match was called off after the first session of play.
:laugh: Mad swing there.

I always thought Pathan would return under Fletcher as he loved bowlers who could bat and he certainly could.

mr_mister

Why was it just assumed we're referring to over as in a bowler's best over. Why not just most exciting over in general. Eg the Yuvraj six sixes one is actually really good IMO

91Jmay

I descend into a fit of giggles every time I'm reminded of this over. The music in the video only added to the hilarity. Strangely fitting.
The only thing that would have made that over funnier is if Maxy slung one down the legside wide and they scrambled through for a run

wpdavid

Flintoff removing Langer and Ponting in his first over in Aus' second innings at Edgbaston in 2005 should be up there.

Not just because it was a magnificently bowled, but also the magnitude of the situation.

Stapel

Flintoff removing Langer and Ponting in his first over in Aus' second innings at Edgbaston in 2005 should be up there.

Not just because it was a magnificently bowled, but also the magnitude of the situation.
Yeah, that has to be the one! Ponting's wicket coming from the 7th ball gives it a bit extra, I guess.

Daemon

It's what sticks out from Flintoff's performances most in my mind when I think of that series. The no ball was so good too, Ponting would've been so pissed off at having to face another one.

91Jmay

Tait bowled an over against England in an ODI that was outrageously quick. We promoted Michael Yardy IIRC (funky cricket for the win) and could barely see the ball.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
massively underrated over from shoaib, the one posted by OS.

Almost 3 millions views, has to be right up there. What banana swing first up

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Come on mate, you think I'd have posted in this thread and not already brought this up?