• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

nibbs

dom graham - the man of the hour

i've just noticed the match engine shafting whenuapai as scaly's tailenders survive 4 balls against lee. absolutely farcical

nibbs

yes, but considering tynan successfully negated 7 balls from lee, i'd imagine duggan will survive whatever summers throws at him.

nibbs

Duggan about to face Summers. This battle will make break or this match.

End of Over 5: 12-1, runrate=2.40, reqrunrate=2.40 (119-10)
Pace 3-1-9-1
Duggan* 0 (1 balls)
Janes 5 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Fry b. Pace 7 (FOW: 9/1)

Scaly piscine

yes, but considering tynan successfully negated 7 balls from lee, i'd imagine duggan will survive whatever summers throws at him.
Yea, generally speaking Tynan twice as long as Packer, Wheat, Preece and Tawanda put together and Tynan himself only lasted 10 balls. Think that sums it up.

Since 3 of the proper batsmen were out 1st ball and 1 2nd ball as opposed to getting out after a few deliveries. I don't see how you can not win because that sort of ridiculousness won't happen again since the engine will probably set your batsmen to play more defensively.

Last edited:

nibbs

i'm going to bed now. i don't want jump to conclusions yet, but i'm feeling pretty good about what has transpired so far. yeah

End of Over 20: 69-1, runrate=3.45, reqrunrate=1.70 (119-10)
Tynan 3-0-11-0
Duggan* 20 (34 balls)
Janes 41 (71 balls)

nibbs

Another stunning chapter is complete in the cricketweb.net Battrick Cup. Commiserations to Scaly. I guess the best side one on the day. Maybe next season, Buddy

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Scaly Piscine CC 119 (33.5 overs)
Obrien 37 (39)
Armstrong 33 (31)
Dillon 26 (42)
Lee 4/29 (6.5)
Graham 3/24 (5)

Whenuapai CC 1/120 (28.2 overs)
Duggan 56* (66)
Janes 56* (89)
Pace 1/31 (7)

Whenuapai win by 9 wickets.

Code:
              Scaly Piscine CC  Whenuapai CC 
Top Order:    remarkable        remarkable 
Middle Order: strong            superb 
Lower Order:  abysmal           woeful 
Seam Bowling: exceptional       superb 
Spin Bowling: quality           exceptional 
Fielding:     mediocre          feeble

PY

I would just like to say that I still have a better record than SP in the CW BT Cups. :laugh: :cool:

Scaly piscine

Another stunning chapter is complete in the cricketweb.net Battrick Cup. Commiserations to Scaly. I guess the best side one on the day. Maybe next season, Buddy

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Scaly Piscine CC 119 (33.5 overs)
Obrien 37 (39)
Armstrong 33 (31)
Dillon 26 (42)
Lee 4/29 (6.5)
Graham 3/24 (5)

Whenuapai CC 1/120 (28.2 overs)
Duggan 56* (66)
Janes 56* (89)
Pace 1/31 (7)

Whenuapai win by 9 wickets.

Code:
              Scaly Piscine CC  Whenuapai CC 
Top Order:    remarkable        remarkable 
Middle Order: strong            superb 
Lower Order:  abysmal           woeful 
Seam Bowling: exceptional       superb 
Spin Bowling: quality           exceptional 
Fielding:     mediocre          feeble

Err no, the best side got ridiculously screwed beyond all logic. There were many plausible ways your inferior outfit could have won, Battrick unfortunately decided to come up with this pile of faeces.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For once in your life can you not be gracious in defeat?

It really is pathetic how you get so upset when you even lose a wicket because on paper you shouldn't have lost it.

Robertinho

Err no, the best side got ridiculously screwed beyond all logic. There were many plausible ways your inferior outfit could have won, Battrick unfortunately decided to come up with this pile of faeces.
Haha, settle down. IIRC, you don't have many batsmen who are quality+? That could've contributed to your low total, considering Nibbs has an Exceptional and a few Remarkables in his bowling lineup.

Of course, your bowling lineup is probably better, but nibbs' best batsmen are much better than your best batsmen, which means he isn't as easy to bundle out with high-primaried bowlers.

Just face it - your side has it's flaws and they were on full display yesterday. Your side isn't necessarily the better one, so you haven't been "screwed beyond all logic" - it came down to side composition and tactics. C'est la vie.

nibbs

Duggan made it look easy, while it was a breakthrough innings for 18yo Janes, who didn't seem to be overly bothered by Summers. Graham's opening over has certainly won over Whenuapai fans, while Lee continued his fantastic season. His spell ensured that no recovery ever materialised.

So much to my surprise, Whenuapai CC win the competition for the second time, becoming the first side to do so. We were fortunate to catch Adam during a week where his bowling attack was weakened. We completely dominated Scaly in the final, something I didn't really think we'd be capable of doing. I also look back to the quarter final where we won by 1 wicket against College Dropouts, who were in the end of the only side that actually pushed us.

Having now reached 4 finals, I feel we've had an excellent run. Future cups will present a greater challenge as the teams here at Cricketweb continue to get better and I don't think that we'll be as lucky next time. Surely the reign of the 'big 4' can't last for much longer.

Big thanks to Tharmi for running this seasons event. Lets hope that someone just as motivated can do a similar job again next season.

Scaly piscine

Haha, settle down. IIRC, you don't have many batsmen who are quality+? That could've contributed to your low total, considering Nibbs has an Exceptional and a few Remarkables in his bowling lineup.

Of course, your bowling lineup is probably better, but nibbs' best batsmen are much better than your best batsmen, which means he isn't as easy to bundle out with high-primaried bowlers.

Just face it - your side has it's flaws and they were on full display yesterday. Your side isn't necessarily the better one, so you haven't been "screwed beyond all logic" - it came down to side composition and tactics. C'est la vie.

Bunkum. My top 7 got 3 first ballers (2 to an average medium pacer, which is probably the bowling you'd want to face first up) and Packer was out second ball (again to the average medium pacer). That's just BT bollocks that you can't legislate for, that sort of nonsense shouldn't happen. Flat pitches shouldn't mean a spinner takes out 3 batsmen in his first two overs either. If a slight difference in primary made the difference why didn't Summers take some wickets?

It was a joke of a result that defied all logic. Which means I was screwed beyond all logic.

Mahindinho

Congrats to Nibbs, and commiserations to Scaly.

I've just FedEx'ed the cup over, all nice and shiny for you. Don't go staining it with too much port, though -- I'll want it back next season ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bunkum. My top 7 got 3 first ballers (2 to an average medium pacer, which is probably the bowling you'd want to face first up) and Packer was out second ball (again to the average medium pacer). That's just BT bollocks that you can't legislate for, that sort of nonsense shouldn't happen. Flat pitches shouldn't mean a spinner takes out 3 batsmen in his first two overs either. If a slight difference in primary made the difference why didn't Summers take some wickets?

It was a joke of a result that defied all logic. Which means I was screwed beyond all logic.
Goes from pathetic sore loser to extremely pathetic sore loser.