• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bundy Ad

Burpey

I'm sure most of the Aussies have seen the Bundy ads for the Fine Form Awards. In particular, I want to refer to the bloke who doesn't flirt with his mate's ex. He is built up as some sort of hero for not doing so. It's even crept into the venacular amongst my mates, where the simple utterance of the words "Bundy Ad" means "lay off, she's someone's ex".

However, in recent days some people have been questioning the hero status of this bloke. Is it really such a great thing to not hit on her? Or is he a ponce for not having a crack?

So I pose the question: ex-girlfriends of mates, what are the rules?

PY

burkey_1988 said:
So I pose the question: ex-girlfriends of mates, what are the rules?
I would hesitate to say never but only circumstance would be if it was a long time ago and the mate has moved on properly (i.e. in another longterm effort).

This isn't to say that every single one of my ex's has been snaffled up by my mates straight after we've split. :laugh:

ash chaulk

the rules state

- As long as the mate is not present the "ex" is fair game. Thou mates shall not spread the rumour as they would be labled ****s

benchmark00

If the bird is a 7 or higher, go for it. You've gotta know if the juice is worth the squeeze, and clearly, 7 or higher is worth it.

steds

ash chaulk said:
the rules state

- As long as the mate is not present the "ex" is fair game. Thou mates shall not spread the rumour as they would be labled ****s
More words of wisdom from the Chaulkster. (y)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A lot of variables, such as how good a mate the guy is, who broke up with who, but generally you'd abstain... from letting anyone else know about it.

Smudge

It depends on how decent the relationship was. There were a few girls who ending up having one-nighters with three or four of our uni social rugby team - they were certainly considered fair game. If, however, I was to have a crack at one of my mate's ex-girlfriends, I'd probably mention it to my mate first.

Slow Love™

I can't see why you wouldn't ask your mate first. It's just so much of a risk if he has a real problem with it (unfortunately, some people are very passive aggressive and will be all "no man, I've got no worries with that at all, go ahead", when they are actually thinking "you even try and you and me are finished").

And you'd better be damned sure she's interested if you're going to try on the sly. There's not much creepier than when a guy cracks onto a friend's ex and she turns him down. I've seen it a few times, and the guy becomes a bit of a pariah, 'cause word gets around almost instantly.

I myself would never (and have never) done it. Personally, the idea of comparisons bothers me, although I don't have much to worry about as I have incredible stamina and a huge organ. I do have an ex that got together (and as far as I know they are still together) with a friend (who was always pretty open about being attracted to her) but it pretty much happened after all three of us drifted apart (well, me and them, anyway).