• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Brown

Is he a victim of racism

• Yes it is racism

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

duffer

Had an argument today with a guy at work who thinks the hate Chris Brown got was mostly racially motivated. I said no it's because he's a **** who beat up his girlfriend, is completelty unrepentant and made millions of dollars off it.

He thinks white people who commit similar crimes like Paul Gascoigne and John Lennon get away lightly and are largely revered to this day. I said it's because Brown had pictures of exactly what he did splashed all over the internet and thus it sticking in people's minds over what an enormous **** he really is.

Anyways, what say you guys?

edit: thanks ****

Last edited:

benchmark00

Had an argument today with a guy at work who thinks the hate Chris Brown got was mostly racially motivated. I said no it's because he's a **** who beat up his wife, is completelty unrepentant and made millions of dollars off it.

He thinks white people who commit similar crimes like Paul Gascoigne and John Lennon get away lightly and are largely revered to this day. I said it's because Brown had pictures of exactly what he did splashed all over the internet and thus it sticking in people's minds over what an enormous **** he really is.

Anyways, what say you guys?
Woah woah woah... that fool didn't put no ring on that finger.

Daemon

just googled chris brown, stared at the results page not quite knowing what to click on. realised after a few seconds that I was looking for his cricinfo profile.

benchmark00

If Chris Brown had struck her with whips and chains, would that have been ok, seeing as though Rihanna is on record as saying they 'excite her'?

Daemon

Nah, I know who he is. Had 'Forever' in my iPod for longer than I'd like to admit.

Just wanted to find out what he got sentenced to after punching Rihanna.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Precious prick's deleted his Twatter account, hasn't he?

Must admit I never even vaguely thought it was racism. If anything it's "worthless piece of ****ism".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As a serious point, I don't think we can compare wife-beaters from the pre-digital age with those from the post.

I reckon if Gazza's or Lennon's respective other-halves had posted pics of themselves after they just had the seventh bell of schisse smacked out of them on Twatter the blogosphere would've rounded on them too.

cpr

Well I suppose Gazza was revered for what he was capable of before going into complete meltdown (of which the wife beating was a sad, sad low in a pityfull disintergration)

Chris Brown, well, I'd heard the name, I'd avoided the music anyway, so I don't particularly hold fond memories of the man he was.

fredfertang

I've always considered violence against women to be as low as you can get, violence against small children apart, and indeed I still do, but I have had to have a bit of a rethink after some of the behaviour of the most recent Mrs Fertang - I have a very long fuse, and there's absolutely no question but that I wouldn't stoop so low as to give her a sharp right hook under any circumstances, but **** me I can't help but think sometimes it would be richly deserved

Agent Nationaux

Tangy and his failed marriages. Would be an addition to War and Peace. :laugh:

Chris Brown is an arse for what he did and should have received a much sterner punishment