• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web U-19 Cricket

Loony BoB

Hey Liam, quick questions...
1) Only 55 players have ages listed at the moment. Will you be 'giving out' ages for the other players so we know who is eligible, or will they instantly be considered ineligible?
2) Are players already in the test / ODI sides eligible to play U-19 level? I mean, you don't see Rooney playing for the England U-21 football side, so I'd guess that players such as Mamesh, Thompson, Wilson and Cunningham would be out of contention? I'm not really sure.

At the moment, only 23 players have an age of 19 or below.

steds

Loony BoB said:
2) Are players already in the test / ODI sides eligible to play U-19 level? I mean, you don't see Rooney playing for the England U-21 football side
You could re-word that. Rooney is still eligible to play for the under-21's. It would just be pretty impossible in many cases, as the U-21's play all their games close to the senior team's fixtures. The night before most times.

Loony BoB

Ah, okay. Reworded: What restrictions, if any, are there on the selection of players already in the international squads?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
1) Only 55 players have ages listed at the moment. Will you be 'giving out' ages for the other players so we know who is eligible, or will they instantly be considered ineligible?
2) Are players already in the test / ODI sides eligible to play U-19 level? I mean, you don't see Rooney playing for the England U-21 football side, so I'd guess that players such as Mamesh, Thompson, Wilson and Cunningham would be out of contention? I'm not really sure.

1) Players who don't submit ages by Friday 10th midnight GMT (Friday/Saturday) will be assigned starting age of 17.
2) All players who are 19 years of age as of the end of Season IX are eligible for selection to the Under-19 team once their selection does not clash with selection to the senior side. There will be some instances where U-19 players in the senior side will be allowed to play age level international cricket ahead of CW XI representation, if the CWBCC sees it to be more beneficial to the player to do so.

cbuts

Loony BoB said:

are we able to find out our ages anywhere

chaminda_00

Nice to see that your keen, got to wait to see what the plans for the off season is first, i.e World Cup, A Tours etc.

chaminda_00

Yeah their pretty soon, fixtures will be announced soon, i guess we could do it now, but i can't be bothered. First game in the off season is against England A.

chaminda_00

The Under 19 selectors are known to spring a few surprises or two, you never know you could be the next one. ;)

cricketboy29

chooka_nick said:
Never give up mate. I'm not sure if I'll make it either.
The teams will be very interesting.
Come on, Nick. I think you've got a very very good chance of making it.