• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dave Smith week on the Tom Woods show

Uppercut

Yeah but I based my question on you saying Keynes was awesome once

Your first statement isn't true anyway just ftr
I think most people who read Keynes come away impressed, even if they disagree with what he says. The Economic Consequences of the Peace is pretty much 100% wrong, but you gotta respect that level of impact.

There are principles I agree with that originate with Keynes (e.g. counter-cyclical fiscal policy). But those principles are totally mainstream at this point. Almost everyone agrees with some of Friedman's principles of monetary policy now too, but that doesn't make them Monetarists.

I would say actually being Keynesian sort of requires you to look at economics in a particular way, speak a particular language. I don't hate them. Some are terrible, some are ok, and some are pretty good. It's just not a club I'm a member of.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would listen but unfortunately I'm washing my hair.
Fear not my friend, its not a live feed so you can listen anytime

Anyway back on topic. For the Dave Smith diehards like EWS and me there wasn't much new material though if was still an interesting chat. All about Dave's formative years and his journey from dumb generic leftist to hotshot comedian and political commentator.

Until tomorrow...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fear not my friend, its not a live feed so you can listen anytime

Anyway back on topic. For the Dave Smith diehards like EWS and me there wasn't much new material though if was still an interesting chat. All about Dave's formative years and his journey from dumb generic leftist to hotshot comedian and political commentator.

Until tomorrow...
Tells me all I need to know. Think I'll keep washing my hair.

Burgey

I might have been interested if it was Dan Smith
Goes without saying that Dan Smith > Steve Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every Other Smith

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Goes without saying that Dan Smith > Steve Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every Other Smith
Yeah Dan Smith is great. Wests legend.

Burgey

Also goes without saying that every other Smith is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adam Smith.