• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

does anyone here use scribd?

Victor Ian

I need a couple of text books for this semester but I am broke.

However, the books I need are there viewable for me on scribd, only I can not download them nor print them. But that doesn't bother me if I can continue to view the book online.

I've never used a site like this before.

Is it legal?

Will I continue to be able to view this book online or will it suddenly disappear and force me to pay a subscription to scribd?

Is scribd a worthwhile thing to sign up for?

StephenZA

I need a couple of text books for this semester but I am broke.

However, the books I need are there viewable for me on scribd, only I can not download them nor print them. But that doesn't bother me if I can continue to view the book online.

I've never used a site like this before.

Is it legal?

Will I continue to be able to view this book online or will it suddenly disappear and force me to pay a subscription to scribd?

Is scribd a worthwhile thing to sign up for?
It is legal (as far as I know), but a pay for site after a free trial.....

Victor Ian

Thanks

I see the pay for page with a free one month trial. But I have to give them my card details first, rather than use my trial and then pay when it expires

But I can currently view the book without even logging in - All of it. I'm guessing this will keep on keeping on, unless they do something sneaky like register my ip to remove my access later.

It is not much of a charge, so I guess I'll use what is there until it maybe stops and then begrudgingly pay :)

hendrix

Have you tried your uni library?

Often if the books are all taken out you can get them to do an interloan from another library. Talk to one of the librarians, you might be lucky.

I like having nice textbooks and all but they're bloody expensive and of limited use after about 3-4 years when the information becomes out of date (at least in my field).

Victor Ian

Have you tried your uni library?

Often if the books are all taken out you can get them to do an interloan from another library. Talk to one of the librarians, you might be lucky.

I like having nice textbooks and all but they're bloody expensive and of limited use after about 3-4 years when the information becomes out of date (at least in my field).
I did a search in the library but no go. But that was the electronic library. Might have to trudge myself in their physically and see.

Daemon

I did subscribe once because I needed some past year paper solutions. Was all smooth and easy to use, no shenanigans.