• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 Qualifying Draw

grecian

You know Wilshere will walk back into the side on the back of playing 30 minutes off the bench in the final game of the season without re-injuring himself.
I like Wilshere so I've little problem with that, better than the options I mentioned.

grecian

Oh gawd Rooney rumoured to be injured for two months, so he'll be brought in totally unfit to start every match.

Uppercut

Oh gawd Rooney rumoured to be injured for two months, so he'll be brought in totally unfit to start every match.
As if there's any other type of Rooney these days.

Verratti looking like a serious player last night got me thinking about Italy's chances. Strongest group of players they've had for a while with Insigne having a big season too.

grecian

As if there's any other type of Rooney these days.

Verratti looking like a serious player last night got me thinking about Italy's chances. Strongest group of players they've had for a while with Insigne having a big season too.
Well, even less fit then normal even, not even at his low peak.

wpdavid

A statistician would have fun working out the combined probability of Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck all being fit for the euros.

I'm happy enough with Rooney missing them as long as Kane is fit.

Uppercut

They're a bit meh in the striking stakes unless there's someone obvious I'm missing.
If they stick with 3-5-2 it'll be Insigne up front. Partnering him might be Giovinco... But I can't imagine Conte looking kindly on his decision to go to the MLS, even if he is completely destroying it.

Re: England, can totally see Rooney starting with Kane and Vardy on the bench. Would be peak Hodgson.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought everyone knew Dier was English. As soon as he made one or two appearances a few years ago the predictable "call him up" rhetoric followed suit almost immediately.

flibbertyjibber

So we all know now that we will go into the first game with Rooney, Welbeck and Wilshere in the starting line up. It is obvious despite how fit/unfit they are.

One thing the Rooney injury does mean though is it should be difficult to justify picking him Welbeck and Sturridge in the same squad. Should mean Vardy and Kane are certainties for the squad now but never know with Woy.

grecian

So we all know now that we will go into the first game with Rooney, Welbeck and Wilshere in the starting line up. It is obvious despite how fit/unfit they are.

One thing the Rooney injury does mean though is it should be difficult to justify picking him Welbeck and Sturridge in the same squad. Should mean Vardy and Kane are certainties for the squad now but never know with Woy.
I don't dislike Hodgson as much as some, but like any manager he has his faves, but Kane will be there. He's made 8 appearances last year.

Uppercut

I think he's ****e and benefitting from an era in which the pendulum of English expectations has swung to a very low ebb. The emergence of a generation of fast, skilful attacking players just makes it more frustrating than it was when he ****ed everything up at the World Cup.

grecian

I'm just going to give him a chance to see what he can do with this new generation. In the end it's the old the FA want an English manager, so We could have had worse IMHO.

It would be nice to think they could perhaps give someone like Eddie Howe the job soon. A young progressive manager with young progressive players, but we'll see.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm just going to give him a chance to see what he can do with this new generation. In the end it's the old the FA want an English manager, so We could have had worse IMHO.

It would be nice to think they could perhaps give someone like Eddie Howe the job soon. A young progressive manager with young progressive players, but we'll see.
They'll probably give it to bloody Pardew

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can totally see Vardy missing out. We'll take four strikers tops and that would be Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck and Kane.

Oh, it's madness, natch, but it wouldn't be a tournament without the traditional injury panic. And we're pretty much guaranteed one with the first three.