• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite Musicians/Band Members

nikhil1772

Yep...another one...a music thread

Who are your favorite three artists of the following categories and why(if you want to) do you rate them your best ?

Guitarist
Bass Guitarist
Vocalist
Drummer
Keyboardist/Pianist
Others (Specify)

Mine:

Guitarist:
1.Janick Gers (Iron Maiden) - Best Live performer I have seen...got grace and style like no other
2.Slash (GNR,Slash's Snakepit) - Arguably the best ever
3.Dave Murray (Iron Maiden)

Bass Guitarist:
1.Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) - Mr. Iron Maiden...the greatest bassist and writer I know of.
2.Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
3.John Myung (Dream Theater)

Vocalist:
1.Brian Litrell (Backstreet Boys) - The Backstreet Boy With The Golden Voice
2.Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
3.James Hetfield (Metallica)/Axl Rose (GNR)

Drummer:
1.Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
2.Lars Ulrich (Iron Maiden)
3.Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

Keyboardist/Pianist:
1.Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater)
Dunno many...Axl is good on November Rain,Elton is good too...and I dare say Kevin Richardson

FaaipDeOiad

A bit vague. Do you mean our personal favourites in terms of the music they play, or their technical ability in their field?

For example, I think Frank Zappa is or is very close to being the best guitarist to ever record popular music. He was simply phenomenal. That doesn't mean I find the music he writes for the guitar the best to listen to, because I don't. There are pleny of people like say John Lennon and Kurt Cobain who wrote guitar pieces that had a huge impact on music but might not be virtuoso instrumental performers.

nikhil1772

FaaipDeOiad said:
A bit vague. Do you mean our personal favourites in terms of the music they play, or their technical ability in their field?

For example, I think Frank Zappa is or is very close to being the best guitarist to ever record popular music. He was simply phenomenal. That doesn't mean I find the music he writes for the guitar the best to listen to, because I don't. There are pleny of people like say John Lennon and Kurt Cobain who wrote guitar pieces that had a huge impact on music but might not be virtuoso instrumental performers.
It clearly states 'Favorite' in the thread title...as simple as that..Whom do you like best...Not that difficult,is it?

PommieMacGill

Nikhil, Lars Ulrich is the drummer for Metallica. I think you made a mistake. Nice thread though, I like the idea! Now, let's see.

Guitarist:
1. Eric Clapton (Cream) - Brilliant. No other word to describe the man.
2. George Harrison (The Beatles) - I love the way he played, especially his solo material.
3. Jeff Beck (Yardbirds) - Another great guitarist.

Bass Guitarist:
1. Paul McCartney (The Beatles) - Brilliant!
2. Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order) - A very close second, revolutionized the instrument for me.
3. Andy Fraser (Free) - Very good bass player indeed, very underated in my opinion.

Vocalist:
1. Paul Rodgers (Free/Bad Company) - A great rock voice.
2. Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) - Great voice, so distinctive and unique.
3. Morrisey (The Smiths) - Great voice, great singer and a fantastic lyricist.

Drummer:
1. Neil Peart (Rush) - Best drummer I have ever seen.
2. Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) - A closer second.
3. Stephen Morris (Joy Division/New Order) - The human drum machine.

Keyboardist/Pianist:
1. Ludovico Einaudi - Classical composer, my favourite modern compser.
2. Rick Wakeman (Yes) - Wizard of Keyboards!
3. Brian Eno (Roxy Music)

Adding my own category.

Song:
1. Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
2. Moody Blues - "Nights In White Satin"
3. The Smiths - "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

vasetti12

My favorite band is linkin park..They are awesome..I mean they blew the charts away with their new style of music........

Link

vasetti12 said:
My favorite band is linkin park..They are awesome..I mean they blew the charts away with their new style of music........
Really i didnt know that, come to think of it you never really mentioned what music you was into. I dont think that they blew the charts away, especially not in the UK

vasetti12

Link said:
Really i didnt know that, come to think of it you never really mentioned what music you was into. I dont think that they blew the charts away, especially not in the UK
Well no of coarse they are an AMERICAN BAND. It was in America where they done that..Any way they are kinda big here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chris Martin (Coldplay).. An Exeter lad, calm and decent in the face of mainstream pop.. I like his attitude, and his band is one of the best..

Most of my female friends have been to his house, having gone out with his brother at some stage..

Favourite songs
Probably
1) Athlete - Yesterday threw everything at me
2) Coldplay - God put a smile upon your face
3) Muse - Citizen Erased

To be honest, any number of Athlete songs from Tourist, 24 hours, Half Light could have made the top three.. And probably some of The Postal Service's stuff.. As well as Just the Way I'm Feeling or Love Pollution from Feeder..

Link

vasetti12 said:
Well no of coarse they are an AMERICAN BAND. It was in America where they done that..Any way they are kinda big here.
Well, thats not what you said in the first place, and besides big American stars make it over here. Look at half of the hip-hop industry

kendall

Guitarist
1.Jonny greenwood (radiohead)
2.John Fruichante (red hot chilli peppers)
3.peter buck (rem
4.jack white (the white stripes)
5. Eric clapton (cream)

Bass Guitarist
1.Flea (clafornication)
2.colin greenwood (radiohead)
3. Mike mills (rem) - doesnt just play bass but he can go here

Vocalist
1. Jim morrison (the doors)
2.Jeff buckley
3.Thom Yorke (radiohead)
4.Micheal stipe (rem)