• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - New Zealand v Australia (29th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primrose_D12

I assume it's impossible to have them light up only after the bails have been dislodged. They're not sentient beings or anything. It's to do with the weight of contact on the stumps i think. in this case obviously the ball only rolled onto the base and didnt even activate the light
It's theoretically possible in one of two ways, one of which is destructive:

1) Small wires that allow some give but are thin enough to break if the bails are fully dislodged. Obviously this would only work once and then you'd have to replace the wire.
2) Near-field communication that lit the stumps and bails up if the bails separated from the top of the stumps by, oh, say, 5cm or so (whatever you like). Seems unreliable in the heat of the moment though.

Better video technology is probably more feasible for looking at reviews of close run outs or stumpings, in my opinion.

jonbrooks

Nice to see Henry got a wicket. He's bowling well. Pity Milne was picked ahead of him in the first place.

Looks like Oz has shut up shop now and will cruise to the end. Can NZ pick up a few cheap wickets to at least give us some hope?

Flem274*

123/5
australia are stalling a bit. doesn't really matter but henry would have 2 or 3 here if they were chasing something substantial.

relentless bowling.

Salamuddin

I think it's been an okay WC without being an amazing one, but I still think it's been better than probably the last two? I dunno, quite a few decent games in the group stages, entertaining semi finals, final might end up being something of a walkover, might not. Quarter finals were crap.

2007 was the worst WC I've seen and 2011 was sort of similar to this one. I remember a lot more really exciting games in 2003 and 1999.

2011 was a better world cup than this one.

Barring NZL v SA, don't think there has been a memorable game this wc.